Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your biggest pet peeves? Watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    For me it's when people get "your" and "you're" mixed up.

Another one is when I'm trying to get off the train and people are barging in before I get a chance to get off...

What are your biggest pet peeves?

ReputationRep:
    People who walk slowly or just randomly stop in front of you, so annoying!

Also people who take up more than half the pavement, corridor etc. Because it is just so important that all of their friends walk in one line ughh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    For me it's when people get "your" and "you're" mixed up.

Another one is when I'm trying to get off the train and people are barging in before I get a chance to get off...

What are your biggest pet peaves?
    People who spell peeves wrong in pet peeves

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    People who spell peeves wrong in pet peeves

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Made myself look like a right muppet there

When you're in the library trying to study and a loud group of friends comes to the table near you

Also, when people leave their rubbish on the tables in the canteen. So uncivilised

ReputationRep:
    People who just seem to love to be offended. At the very least, you should have experienced whatever it is that's being talked about to be able to be offended, being offended on someone else's behalf is just you trying to take the moral high-ground so you feel like a good person.

ReputationRep:
    Bad smelling people in general- especially when they come and stand near me on the bus/train
    bad breath
    People who walk slowly
    People who smoke in crowded places

ReputationRep:
    People who talk about sex non-stop. Drives me up the wall - just shut up, no one wants to know where you put your penis/where you put people's penises.

ReputationRep:
    people who complain about the size of Wagon Wheels. get over it guys. just buy two if they are not big enough ffs

People who drop litter, and people who hand out labels to others. Not the sticky kind of label, though; the figurative kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACJHealy)
    When I'm served champagne in a coup, they're just old fashioned and difficult to drink from. Equally, when someone buys prosecco and thinks that's okay:closedeyes:

perhaps the military will drink some coupes of champagne to celebrate their coup

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    - When people with depression seem to think their mental illness means they must have a high IQ, because 'less intelligent people can't understand how messed up the world is'.

-When people speak in a very self assured way, even in times when they are mostly guessing and have no actual idea what they're talking about

-People who slut shame
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    When people moan that no one ever mails, texts them etc but when you do they just ignore your messages and then moan again that no one bothers with them ffs -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When people start a sentence with "Well technically"

ReputationRep:
    People who use mental illness as an excuse and make it known to everyone.

People who eat with their mouth full, especially things like bananas.

People who are wrong and know but deny it but then complain about people who don't confess they are wrong

People who complain you are on your phone too long yet refuse to get off theirs

HYPOCRITICAL PEOPLE TO YOUR FACE URGH
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    When I see people write "definitely" as "definately" or "defiantly". It drives me mad!

When people are rude to people who work in customer service.

ReputationRep:
    People who chew with their mouth open. It literally makes me want to rip my ears and claw myself. Also the sound of people kissing their teeth. It makes me feel like a sharp sword is going through one ear and coming out of the other. Finally, people who breathe loudly or snore.

When these things happen in public, it makes me cry because I can't even

EDIT: Just looked this up and according to Wikipedia is: Misophonia, literally "hatred of sound",[1] is a rarely diagnosed disorder, commonly thought to be of neurological origin, in which negative emotions (anger, fright, hatred, disgust) are triggered by specific sounds.

That also explains my hatred for people sniffing, coughing and sneezing.

ReputationRep:
    People who constantly moan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyEcliptic)
    People who use mental illness as an excuse and make it known to everyone.

People who eat with their mouth full, especially things like bananas.

People who are wrong and know but deny it but then complain about people who don't confess they are wrong

People who complain you are on your phone too long yet refuse to get off theirs

HYPOCRITICAL PEOPLE TO YOUR FACE URGH
    I know, I prefer people to eat with their mouth empty

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.