The Student Room Group
Reply 1
jazzyj
does anyone use a graphics calc in S2? I have one but never use it...is it helpful and what can u do on it?

any help much appreciated, thanks x

lol my graphix calculator served me no purpose in S2 whatso ever!

It will however help you in calculating regression lines...but you've got to show your working when doing that anyway :s
Reply 2
Can save time in looking things up in tables for poison and binomial distribution questions. And handy for checking for silly errors in normal distribution questions (I make lots of those :smile: )

Also the numeric integration is useful for checking things in cdf questions.
Reply 3
davedave
Can save time in looking things up in tables for poison and binomial distribution questions. And handy for checking for silly errors in normal distribution questions (I make lots of those :smile: )

Also the numeric integration is useful for checking things in cdf questions.

oh yeh thats a good point..what exam board are you on jazzyj?
(cdfs is on S3 for us)
Reply 4
i'm edexcel

the manual is so complicated! could someone simply explain how to do that stuff? i have a casio fx9750G

thank u! xx
Reply 5
jazzyj
i'm edexcel

the manual is so complicated! could someone simply explain how to do that stuff? i have a casio fx9750G

thank u! xx

For the normal distribution, go to run then press OPTN then F6 until you get around to PROB (over F3). Press F3 then F6 again until you get P(, Q(, R( and t(.

P( gives the probability that your variable is equal to or less than X standard deviations from the mean (so P(0)=P(X<0), P(-1)=P(X<-1) and so on).
R( gives the probability that your variable is equal to or greater than X standard deviations from the mean (so R(1)=P(X>1)).
Q( gives the probability that your variable is between 0 and X standard variations from the mean (so Q(1)=P(0<X<1) and Q(-1)=P(-1<X<0)
I haven't figured out what t( does.

Latest