GCSE Polish

Watch this thread
username2337813
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Being offered to do GCSE Polish externally to sit the exam in 2017.
If anyone is a native speaker or does GCSE Polish (I don't think many people do), how hard is the language to learn and get used to?
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I'm a native speaker, and considering I only lived in Poland until I was 8 I found the exams extremely easy.
username2337813
Rep:
(Original post by Mayhem™)
I'm a native speaker, and considering I've only live in Poland until I was 8 I found the exams extremely easy.
Do you think its possible to learn the language as a new speaker, at GCSE level in a year though?
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hxfsxh)
Do you think its possible to learn the language as a new speaker, at GCSE level in a year though?
It's a hard language to learn, but you say the words the way you see them, so as soon as you get used to the sounds you'll be smashing it.
username2337813
Rep:
(Original post by Mayhem™)
It's a hard language to learn, but you say the words the way you see them, so as soon as you get used to the sounds you'll be smashing it.
I think I'll consider it. I mean, I can pick up on languages really easily, having being fluent in Spanish, Italian and French once upon a time.
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
I can't possibly do the Polish GCSE, its seems hard especially the writing.

Why not do a language you won't learn from scratch, do you know any.

Those that did Polish at my school were the native speakers and they came out with A's so not even A*s.
Blackstarr
Report 6 years ago
Not Polish, but if you know Russian or Ukrainian you technically get Polish for free, it won't be that hard to grasp.
username2337813
Rep:
(Original post by Blackstarr)
Not Polish, but if you know Russian or Ukrainian you technically get Polish for free, it won't be that hard to grasp.
I started to learn Russian a while ago, but stopped because I had to revise for mocks, but I might get into it again
Blackstarr
Report 6 years ago
I started to learn Russian a while ago, but stopped because I had to revise for mocks, but I might get into it again
Well, if you want to learn any language practice makes perfect.
Marsbar3015
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Being offered to do GCSE Polish externally to sit the exam in 2017.
If anyone is a native speaker or does GCSE Polish (I don't think many people do), how hard is the language to learn and get used to?
I am a native speaker and the language is hard to learn especially because its very hard to pronounce and remember, i have English that find learning Polish very hard but if you buckle down you will pass because the exam overall is easy.
username2337813
Rep:
(Original post by Marsbar3015)
I am a native speaker and the language is hard to learn especially because its very hard to pronounce and remember, i have English that find learning Polish very hard but if you buckle down you will pass because the exam overall is easy.
Oh, right. Thanks
Julia.013
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Can someone help me my parents are both polish and a speak a bit in polish I have the option to do Gsce Polish which includes speaking,writing,listening and reading. Should I take Gsce Polish?
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Julia.013)
Can someone help me my parents are both polish and a speak a bit in polish I have the option to do Gsce Polish which includes speaking,writing,listening and reading. Should I take Gsce Polish?
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/lang...ent-resources? Have a look at some past papers to see what you think. (The most recent ones are locked but the sample ones should be fine).
bOb_BoB12
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Julia.013)
Taking Polish GCSE is a wonderful oppoturnity. I have spoken since I was a child however always found writing really diificult. Honestly, if you can already speak a bit I think if you put lots of effort you would fantastic. I am currently in my second year of preparing for my Polish GCSE exams (I have exams this year) and the content is decently easy. You should check the exams and you you would be suprised a lot of questions (and answers) are in English so if you already can speak a far bit of Polish you could nail the exam with effort. Good Luck with your options (and eventually if you do choose it good luck with your exams)
If you have any other questions or want to find out more. Link them down below.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (2)
66.67%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (0)
0%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (0)
0%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (0)
0%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
33.33%

Watched Threads