Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviiaa)
    i learnt html and css and for a while recently was learning jquery. i havent been able to do much for a couple months tho cos of school </3
    I know how you feel, A Levels atm are destroying all energy and motivation for me to learn a programming language. I only have basic knowledge in PHP and Python.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviiaa)
    i learnt html and css and for a while recently was learning jquery. i havent been able to do much for a couple months tho cos of school </3
    If you want to go into Games programming eventually the best language is C++. It has an extremely high learning curve for beginners so if you're willing to go down that route i would suggest you learn either Java or C#.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsenrauf)
    If you want to go into Games programming eventually the best language is C++. It has an extremely high learning curve for beginners so if you're willing to go down that route i would suggest you learn either Java or C#.
    i shall do that, tankya

ReputationRep:
    this is literally me

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I would recommend University of Greenwich, before you start laughing why here are reasons: They have a new scholarship called High Achievement Scholarship which is basically for students who receive ABB in A-Levels which they can get £2000 annually for 3 years which is insane. Another reason why you should pick UoG is because the campus is amazing and they are new facilities being built so at the same time it is modern (I would highly suggest you go to open day). Another reason why is because even though at the moment it's not high in the league, the university is getting better and slowly rising which I totally understand since the university is pretty new as it was a polytechnic a few years ago but it's gradually climbing the league table in the UK. The university has stated that there are more top student joining the university which is good because the more top students join, the better the university gets, the UCAS tariff has also risen 2 years ago which is good since the university doesn't accept anyone but people who were average or really good at A-Levels. Also the student satisfaction is really high which I read somewhere that the university if always at the top for student satisfactions. Social life is pretty good apparently because it is in the centre of London which so many events and things happen in London. These are the reason why I'm choosing UoG next year instead of Queen Mary University (a russel uni).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.