Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eurovision Song Contest Society 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 18.29.12.png
Views: 136
Size:  82.8 KBversus

My Own top 10 (before using that website)
    1. Italy
    2. Germany
    3. Norway
    4. Estonia
    5. Azerbaijan
    6. Australia
    7. Malta
    8. France
    9. Iceland
    10. Russia

Interesting! Got most of them the same

(Original post by hpiercey3)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 18.29.12.png
Views: 136
Size:  82.8 KBversus

1. Italy
    2. Germany
    3. Norway
    4. Estonia
    5. Azerbaijan
    6. Australia
    7. Malta
    8. France
    9. Iceland
    10. Russia

Interesting! Got most of them the same
    Well I'm glad the website saw some sense and included Poli's entry...:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Well I'm glad the website saw some sense and included Poli's entry...:lol:
    Haha yes! The song has been constantly switching places, cant decide because its so catchy! Think i'll keep it in the top 10 now, you'll be pleased to hear

Haha yes! The song has been constantly switching places, cant decide because its so catchy! Think i'll keep it in the top 10 now, you'll be pleased to hear
    You better

Obviously you can tell I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    You better

Obviously you can tell I like it
    I promise !

Yeah lol hm... I did gather that somehow

Bulgaria my firm number 5 now, listened to all my top again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Goddamnit I wanted Germany to do a German song so I'd have even more music to listen to weeps.
    --
    Am I seeing things or are there only 3 non-English language songs this year? I understand why the countries are going towards English, but only 3 seems a very tiny proportion out of 40 or so countries.
    There are only 3 songs that are fully non-english indeed. Italy is like 80% Italian though, so that makes 4 basically. There are a few other songs that are closer to 50/50 (such as Greece), and a few songs have a few non-english phrases (such as Bulgaria). This year is very English though

(Original post by Snufkin)
    Interesting, this is my top 10 according to that website. The UK was #25 :lol:
    The website doesn't guess your ranking by magic, it mathematically generates the ranking by using the logic "If I Prefer A to B, and B to C, then i SHOULD prefer A to C" and generates the list that way. Hence why you compare songs 2 at a time. So mathematically it should be the correct ranking, but the human mind boggles :P

My top 10 is:
    Name:  20162(1).png
Views: 109
Size:  17.6 KB

Norway and Ukraine just miss out of my top 10 for now, UK is down in 22nd and Sweden (the 2nd favourite atm) is my 32nd place....

My ranking is very volatile so I'll be doing this ranking a few times before May I think

ReputationRep:
    I got bored of that website really quickly and gave up, I don't remember a lot of the other entries like Armenia, Greece and Denmark so it was really difficult to try and decide for some.

These are my 10 favourite songs:
    1. France
    2. Serbia
    3. Finland
    4. Russia
    5. Estonia
    6. Cyprus
    7. Israel
    8. Croatia
    9. Latvia
    10. Albania

ReputationRep:
    The semi-final running orders have been announced! They are as follows:

Can't say there is anything too shocking here. A little miffed by the end of SF2 though, the last 3 songs aren't particular popular with fans so it's a bit of a weird one.

Wonder if Greece singing 2nd will finally stop them from qualifying. :P

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, do any of you know the link for this year's voting thread, or hasn't it been made yet?

thanks

one more month to Eurovision and exam season ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genesis2703)
    The semi-final running orders have been announced! They are as follows:

Can't say there is anything too shocking here. A little miffed by the end of SF2 though, the last 3 songs aren't particular popular with fans so it's a bit of a weird one.

Wonder if Greece singing 2nd will finally stop them from qualifying. :P
    It looks pretty equal from what I can tell. I don't think that being second will deter Greece's entry cuz they play the repeats after all performances are done anyways I guess we will all find out in a months time
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr_Roxx1574)
    hey guys, do any of you know the link for this year's voting thread, or hasn't it been made yet?

thanks

one more month to Eurovision and exam season ;(
    I'll put the voting thread up shortly before the first semi-final. It'll also be at the top of http://nulpoints.eu/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    I'll put the voting thread up shortly before the first semi-final. It'll also be at the top of http://nulpoints.eu/
    ahh sweet thanks!

I can take a break from revision and vote away

ReputationRep:
    http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?i...urovision_2016

It's been announced today that due to debts regarding the TV broadcaster, Romania has been stripped of its right to compete in Eurovision this year, 3 weeks away from the actual show, and 10 days from the start of rehearsals.

It's quite sad and I do feel sorry for the Romania artist, it's strange why the EBU would revoke Romania's participation rights now, and now just after the contest for the 2017 edition. That would have seemed like the logical thing to do, especially given that this debt has apparently existed for many years now

(Original post by Genesis2703)
    http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?i...urovision_2016

It's been announced today that due to debts regarding the TV broadcaster, Romania has been stripped of its right to compete in Eurovision this year, 3 weeks away from the actual show, and 10 days from the start of rehearsals.

It's quite sad and I do feel sorry for the Romania artist, it's strange why the EBU would revoke Romania's participation rights now, and now just after the contest for the 2017 edition. That would have seemed like the logical thing to do, especially given that this debt has apparently existed for many years now
    Who cares? More chance for Bulgaria in the second semi!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I was starting to really like Romania's song. I feel so sorry for him if they just haven't paid up to participate, cant have been his fault.

ReputationRep:
    Not long now!

• TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    This is really quiet this year - it's so close!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    I'll post updates and photos from build up and inside the stadium (if I can get wifi)
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Maybe because it's early this year? :iiam:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Didn't realise this was up yet!!!
    only a week to go :party:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.