Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it worth buying the economist weekly? And where can I buy it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth buying the economist weekly? And where can I buy it?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'd say so. It's a good quality newspaper. You subscribe online and get it posted weekly - although I think you have the option of having a digital version. My parents subscribed to it alongside FT, but now they just stick to FT which is a shame since I used to enjoy it a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Do the 12 copies for £12 online deal. You might even get a little gadget with it. They're normally £5 per copy, but most of the stuff is on their website anyway. I get one every week or so and there's genuinely too much. I dont finish one before the next one comes but thats because I dont make time to read them properly.

They are really good, a little challenging at times, but not as dense as the FT which is solid.

ReputationRep:
    You could try your university or local library, sometimes they have a subscription to various magazines and newspapers. I used to do that rather than pay. I really enjoy reading the Economist.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.