Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please help with referencing in an exam essay! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In an upcoming exam, it's not an open book exam but we need to reference at least 6 journal articles relating to the exam question (I chose the question about store atmospherics).
    Now, it's been told we don't need to do a reference list at the end but only cite in the text. Does that mean we just have to list the author and the year?

If so, how will the markers find the article we're citing?!

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moontoon)
    In an upcoming exam, it's not an open book exam but we need to reference at least 6 journal articles relating to the exam question (I chose the question about store atmospherics).
    Now, it's been told we don't need to do a reference list at the end but only cite in the text. Does that mean we just have to list the author and the year?

If so, how will the markers find the article we're citing?!

Thanks
    Try something like "quote" (Surname, first name. Article title. Year)

ReputationRep:
    So, after a significant period of time away from full-time education, I have my first written assessment to be handed in next week!
    My question is- I have 6 short questions to answer with a minimum of 300 words for each answer.
    Do I provide references after each answer that I give or just a list of my references on the final page?
    Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.