Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Arranged marriage? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Is that supposed to be off putting? Sorry, I'm into older chicks so I can't tell

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was meant to be off putting.

Epic fail
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)

Epic fail
    Oh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    do it, might stop you starting silly threads

ReputationRep:

Epic fail
    To answer your question.

Learn to read French.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ya Dunno treize)
    To answer your question.

Learn to read French.
    Ni ta ma de

ReputationRep:
    Ni ta ma de
    What language is that?:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ya Dunno treize)
    What language is that?:lol:
    Three guesses

ReputationRep:
    Lol, no woman is worthy of him. They will only bring him down. But he needs to settle down at some point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Lol at those pictures the link itself is hilarious she isnt even that fit btw, but you think you somehow have this "7/10 doctor" waiting for you... These pictures are from Bollywood and the media, most indians are dark and 4/10, the fair ones are a rare bread. And adding the fact you think this 7+ will be a doctor... Dont know if youre really that deluded lol, it isnt like a checklist of what you want where they have everything. Those that have already have many potential grooms in line. What would you rate yourself, what job do you have. No point asking us about arranged marriage when its your potential partner isnt a small decision and a thread is bizarre, if the consensus is yes, or no why would that even affect your decision really dumb thread... REALLY DUMB.
    All of this might be true if you're from Calcutta originally but you moved here a few years ago. You've just got 4A* and 5As in your GCSE mocks but most of the really clever kids better than you. Your dad drives a Hyundai and works as a security guard and your mum teaches Hindi at a local school. You live in a three bedroom council house somewhere in South East London, probably Lewisham, and the only time you go on holiday is back home.

May be if all that were true about me, I'd agree with you.

But my family, from Punjab, now has a net worth close to £2m, my dad is a successful orthopaedic surgeon with a massive private practice, we have a big house in North West London, I graduated with a first class degree in Medicine from Oxford and I'm about to have a Porsche 911. Oh and also, I'm a lovely, funny guy. But that but isn't important.

The girls I can get and you can get are different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    All of this might be true if you're from Calcutta originally but you moved here a few years ago. You've just got 4A* and 5As in your GCSE mocks but most of the really clever kids better than you. Your dad drives a Hyundai and works as a security guard and your mum teaches Hindi at a local school. You live in a three bedroom council house somewhere in South East London, probably Lewisham, and the only time you go on holiday is back home.

But my family, from Punjab, now has a net worth close to £2m, my dad is a successful orthopaedic surgeon with a massive private practice, we have a big house in North West London, I graduated with a first class degree in Medicine from Oxford and I'm about to have a Porsche 911. Oh and also, I'm a lovely, funny guy. But that but isn't important.

wow your pretty successful :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh you're right the girls I can get I don't need my parents help to do so lmfao. Whether any of that stuff you've said is true I couldn't care less. You're relying on finance to attract your partner rather than looks personality something you definitely lack. I'm guessing you're dark not very good looking probably 4/10.

Damn

Who can you marry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thirst of the year.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAmazingETF)
    Thirst of the year.
    Only the year?:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arranged marriage extends the power of the parent into the child's autonomy & free, uncoerced will as a human being, and according to Marx, such social alienation is a principal cause of the urban proletariat's enslavement!

Only the year?:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, can tell you're joking.

(Original post by Awesome Genius)

Holy **** the roast.

10/10. I laughed out loud. :lol:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAmazingETF)
    Don't worry, can tell you're joking.
    Really? Sometimes I fool myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even Indian aswelll BTW so this made me laugh the first bit was a waste of time... Doesn't even apply to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where about from India are you from ??? Gujarat or Punjab ?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.