Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am currently at AS level doing maths further maths physics and chinese A2 also retaking English language because got a D, English is not my first language! Let say if I get 4 As at the end of AS and a B in English would I still be able to get into imperial.
    In gcses I passed everything except eng lang, got an A* in maths and an A in additional maths and A* in further additional science.
    Please help very urgent !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've moved this to the engineering forum to see if you have better luck with responses.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=307
    Check out the IC forum by finding it in there ^ as they may be able to help too.

ReputationRep:
    Difficult to tell, it mostly depends non what A2's you get.
    Your English will only stop you if it is below a C. obviously if it is higher then that is better.
    Just do the best you can, apply and see if you get an offer. Make sure to do some taster courses/work experience to add to your CV. Attend some engineering based talks on topics you are interested in and put those in as well. As long as you have solid grades and an interesting Personal Statement then you should get an offer.

Check Imperials website and find the course you want and it should tell you the entry requirements, aim for those or higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barney6262)
    Difficult to tell, it mostly depends non what A2's you get.
    Your English will only stop you if it is below a C. obviously if it is higher then that is better.
    Just do the best you can, apply and see if you get an offer. Make sure to do some taster courses/work experience to add to your CV. Attend some engineering based talks on topics you are interested in and put those in as well. As long as you have solid grades and an interesting Personal Statement then you should get an offer.

Check Imperials website and find the course you want and it should tell you the entry requirements, aim for those or higher.
    I thought doing 3 a levels is where it prevent me to get into good uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Senhuang)
    I thought doing 3 a levels is where it prevent me to get into good uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ?

Most people do 4 AS levels, and drop one to take 3 to A-level.

Some might do 4 A-levels, particularly if they are doing Maths and Further Maths. But its not necessary to have 4 for Mech Engineering.

In addition to your maths, you do need Physics A-level though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.