Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a course mate? Watch

Announcements

As the title says, would you date a course mate you saw everyday and was in ALL your timetabled classes.

If I was to go out with a course mate,my ideal situation would be this; maintain a professional relationship in class - don't hug,touch,no PDA etc but outside of class do what normal couples do.

Just want to hear people's opinions.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I would if there were girls in my course...

The perks of being in Computer Science

ReputationRep:
    Probably not if she's in all my timetable. I don't think seeing eachother every day at Uni is healthy.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    For sure. There are some really pretty girls on my course, which is great considering I study Maths.

I guess seeing eachother in tutorials and walking to and from places might be a bit strenuous but on the flip side, we'd be able to do loads of tutorial sheets together at either of our houses.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah of course if I liked her

ReputationRep:
    Nope I either got kicked out or had to change classes. Too much distractions . Two classes I had to change because my bf was in the same class, I made that mature choice myself.

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course but only if I liked him lol

ReputationRep:
    Well, the number of people I've been interested in is extremely small, so the chance of there being someone I'm attracted to on my course is pretty low to be honest...

But yeah, it wouldn't stop me if there was someone I liked on my course

ReputationRep:
    Yeah why not. Personally I think it's totally inappropriate to be affectionate in class, as you said you have to act professional, outside of class sure but I would still go about hanging out with friends without because I feel like if he was to leave one day and I only spent my time with him, I'd be too attached.

ReputationRep:
    Why not?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I'll be doing computer science so it'd surprise me if there are any

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There might be 1 or 2 but you'll have 98% of the course to compete against
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    There might be 1 or 2 but you'll have 98% of the course to compete against
    Thought as much, so realistically I won't stand a chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Why else would you go to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Eh part of me wants to say no since there is a possibility within the 3 years it could go wrong and lead to some pretty uncomfortable situations. However the other part of me realises I'm an idiot and do stupid stuff like that anyway, like pursue a house mate...which is going well.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Generally depends which uni you go to, and you would be surprised at how many females are doing Comp Sci

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As the title says, would you date a course mate you saw everyday and was in ALL your timetabled classes.

If I was to go out with a course mate,my ideal situation would be this; maintain a professional relationship in class - don't hug,touch,no PDA etc but outside of class do what normal couples do.

Just want to hear people's opinions.
    Well since a sizeable segment of people at uni are banging their 'coursemates' I don't see how getting the practice in early hurts.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Generally depends which uni you go to, and you would be surprised at how many females are doing Comp Sci
    I've seen two members of the female species doing it so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've seen two members of the female species doing it so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too but I know quite a lot of females doing Comp Sci (like Hull which seems to have a lot of females doing it).

Look on the bright side though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.