Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a course mate? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's all fun and games till you have to see her, all day, every day for the next 2 years when it's over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Yeah, but I'll be doing computer science so it'd surprise me if there are any

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Believe me there will be plenty... at my uni I do IT Management for Business and I know of quite a few female computer science students.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacko1445)
    Believe me there will be plenty... at my uni I do IT Management for Business and I know of quite a few female computer science students.

I may also be dating a girl on my course... :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That would be fun

@baedomyhwplstyxxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah deffo, Id just be wary if our relationship turned sour and things got awkward afterwards. I'd hope to god she'd want to remain freinds or at least be civil towards me!

ReputationRep:
    Nah I just sleep with them.

I only date lecturers.

ReputationRep:
    There is a couple on my degree. She cheated with one of the other lads at a house party full of people on the degree. They then split up, got back together and are now inseparable again. I don't see anything wrong with dating someone on your course, just be a little discrete about it, otherwise you'll be the sordid gossip topic of choice among everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen couples on my course break up mid-way though their degrees and it leads to so much awkwardness and angst in lectures, particularly if one party initiated the split.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Me too but I know quite a lot of females doing Comp Sci (like Hull which seems to have a lot of females doing it).

Look on the bright side though.
    Hull? Yay! That's where I'm probably going

(Original post by Jacko1445)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    That would be fun

@baedomyhwplstyxxx
    ur bae already does ur cw etc smh

ReputationRep:
    I met my boyfriend on my course during the first year. It's now the 3rd year of our degree and everything is fine. We have most of our lectures and stuff together and we have no problems with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areh)
    ur bae already does ur cw etc smh
    He doesn't do it completely :erm:

He suggests and proof reads... :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    Seeing them everyday would make me feel like I'm having my privacy invaded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    He doesn't do it completely :erm:

He suggests and proof reads... :innocent:
    what a qt pi :blushing:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.