Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    this year i will be starting my first year at the uni of salford where i will be doing an aeronautical foundation year and i was just wondering if it is the right choice for me as i have only studied applied science.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wylesaif)
    hi,
    this year i will be starting my first year at the uni of salford where i will be doing an aeronautical foundation year and i was just wondering if it is the right choice for me as i have only studied applied science.
    Hi there!

Glad you're interested in aeronautical! It's a very interesting, quite challenging, but rewarding course.

Whether it's the right choice for you depends on many factors; interests, future aspirations, etc. In terms of what you have previously studied, the foundation year should get you up to speed on many fundamentals you'll be needing. If you are worried about what to expect, check your university's website and try and find any details on the course.

They will likely teach a lot of maths in the first year. I'm not fully aware of what the foundation year will contain, but they will develop a lot of mathematics fundamentals to prepare you for the rest of the course.
    Your best bet will be to directly check with your university.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Scott
    Undergraduate Rep
    Aeronautical Engineering - School of Engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glasgow Uni)
    Hi there!

Glad you're interested in aeronautical! It's a very interesting, quite challenging, but rewarding course.

Whether it's the right choice for you depends on many factors; interests, future aspirations, etc. In terms of what you have previously studied, the foundation year should get you up to speed on many fundamentals you'll be needing. If you are worried about what to expect, check your university's website and try and find any details on the course.

They will likely teach a lot of maths in the first year. I'm not fully aware of what the foundation year will contain, but they will develop a lot of mathematics fundamentals to prepare you for the rest of the course.
    Your best bet will be to directly check with your university.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Scott
    Undergraduate Rep
    Aeronautical Engineering - School of Engineering
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    I also have an offer for Salford for aeronautical engineering, and will be starting on the foundation year.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am doing the same course this september (hopefully) with the same uni. How's your experience with their foundation year? Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.