Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is double sciences the same units as additional science Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So in core science you study B1, C1, P1. In additional I believe you study B1&B2, C1&C2 and P1&P2 is this the same for double award.....Am I right to think I don't need to do B3,C3,P3.

Thanks in advance
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickie89uk)
    So in core science you study B1, C1, P1. In additional I believe you study B1&B2, C1&C2 and P1&P2 is this the same for double award.....Am I right to think I don't need to do B3,C3,P3.

Thanks in advance
    Yep, it's just different ways of saying more or less the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    Yep, it's just different ways of saying more or less the same thing
    Thank you because when I was looking for double award on YouTube online and mygcsescience I couldn't find it.... I thought it was the same but didn't want to just assume

Thank you again

ReputationRep:
    If you are doing core and additional science you do P1, P2, C1, C2, B1 and B2. In the end of this you get 2 GCSE's in science P1, C1 and B1 are three papers which makes up your grade for core science. You than sit P2, C2 and B2 which makes up your grade for additional science. If your doing core and additional you will be sitting 6 papers in total.

For the triple science you do B3, C3 and P3 which gives you 3 individual GCSE's in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. You would do 9 exams in total if this is what you are doing. B1, B2 and B3 = Biology grade, C1, C2 and C3 = Chemistry grade and P1, P2 and P3 = Physics grade.

Core and additional and the double award is the same thing it is only phrased differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    If you are doing core and additional science you do P1, P2, C1, C2, B1 and B2. In the end of this you get 2 GCSE's in science P1, C1 and B1 are three papers which makes up your grade for core science. You than sit P2, C2 and B2 which makes up your grade for additional science. If your doing core and additional you will be sitting 6 papers in total.

For the triple science you do B3, C3 and P3 which gives you 3 individual GCSE's in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. You would do 9 exams in total if this is what you are doing. B1, B2 and B3 = Biology grade, C1, C2 and C3 = Chemistry grade and P1, P2 and P3 = Physics grade.

Core and additional and the double award is the same thing it is only phrased differently.
    Thank you that was very helpful.... So for double I just need to be comfortable with the CBP1 and CBP2

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.