Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How competitive do you think this course will be and what GCSE&A-Level grades would be best?

ReputationRep:
    How competitive do you think this course will be and what GCSEs/A-Levels do you think will be best?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiracleLeaf)
    How competitive do you think this course will be and what GCSEs/A-Levels do you think will be best?
    I have no idea but i am considering applying to this course because i dont study bilogy at a-level. My GCSE's are 4A's 5B's and 2C's, my a-level predictions are about ABC

ReputationRep:
    They won't look at your A-Level grades as long as they meet the standard offer, same goes for GCSEs. It's probably going to be very competitive as there are only 13 places available.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

GCSE: 1A* 6A 3B 2C
    A level: BBC already achieved. B in Biology and Chemistry with a C in maths. so just met the requirements for A-Level
    Retake predictions: A*AA
    UKCAT: 617 with Band 1

do you think i stand a chance??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yahya1997)
    Hey,

GCSE: 1A* 6A 3B 2C
    A level: BBC already achieved. B in Biology and Chemistry with a C in maths. so just met the requirements for A-Level
    Retake predictions: A*AA
    UKCAT: 617 with Band 1

do you think i stand a chance??
    Because you are retaking I'm not sure if you are eligible? Because you are predicted A*AA which is much higher than the maximum ABB for the A108 course. This would make you eligble for the standard course... But I don't know since their retake policy is not clearly stated on their website, so I might be wrong. Otherwise, of couse you stand a chance, as long as your personal statement is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yukicookie)
    Because you are retaking I'm not sure if you are eligible? Because you are predicted A*AA which is much higher than the maximum ABB for the A108 course. This would make you eligble for the standard course... But I don't know since their retake policy is not clearly stated on their website, so I might be wrong. Otherwise, of couse you stand a chance, as long as your personal statement is good.
    Its alright, I called them up to confirm. They said that since I met their requirements first time, they will be using my first time results. Not my retake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yahya1997)
    Its alright, I called them up to confirm. They said that since I met their requirements first time, they will be using my first time results. Not my retake.
    That's good then! Did you apply anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yukicookie)
    That's good then! Did you apply anywhere else?
    Yeah, I applied for Kings, Southampton, Exeter for medicine and UCL for biomedical science

ReputationRep:
    My predicted grades are:
    Biology - A
    Math - B
    Applied science - D*D*
    GCSES - 7 Bs and 3 Cs
    Ukcat - 1650 and band 3 (they dont take account for bands 😄😄)
    I know i wont get in but i jus applied

ReputationRep:
    Im applying to the Gateway Course A108 and was just wondering if anyone had heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess.Berry)
    Im applying to the Gateway Course A108 and was just wondering if anyone had heard anything yet?
    I only had the waiting for UKCAT results email.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobillie)
    I'm applying for the A108 and received my interview offer today
    Already?
    I thought Bristol give out interview/rejections from Jan-March.

Congratulations anyway!
    When is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    I think they start giving them out early November as there are interviews in November and December ☺️
    Thank you! It's January 23rd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobillie)
    I think they start giving them out early November as there are interviews in November and December ☺️
    Thank you! It's January 23rd
    All the best!! 👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    Hey just wondering, does anyone know how many interviews get given out each year for this course. I just received one and want to know my chances of getting in

ReputationRep:
    Its a new course and only started this year with about 12 students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hshabir02)
    Hey just wondering, does anyone know how many interviews get given out each year for this course. I just received one and want to know my chances of getting in
    Good luck and Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ))

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.