Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How competitive do you think this course will be and what GCSE&A-Level grades would be best?

ReputationRep:
    How competitive do you think this course will be and what GCSEs/A-Levels do you think will be best?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiracleLeaf)
    How competitive do you think this course will be and what GCSEs/A-Levels do you think will be best?
    I have no idea but i am considering applying to this course because i dont study bilogy at a-level. My GCSE's are 4A's 5B's and 2C's, my a-level predictions are about ABC

ReputationRep:
    They won't look at your A-Level grades as long as they meet the standard offer, same goes for GCSEs. It's probably going to be very competitive as there are only 13 places available.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

GCSE: 1A* 6A 3B 2C
    A level: BBC already achieved. B in Biology and Chemistry with a C in maths. so just met the requirements for A-Level
    Retake predictions: A*AA
    UKCAT: 617 with Band 1

do you think i stand a chance??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yahya1997)
    Hey,

GCSE: 1A* 6A 3B 2C
    A level: BBC already achieved. B in Biology and Chemistry with a C in maths. so just met the requirements for A-Level
    Retake predictions: A*AA
    UKCAT: 617 with Band 1

do you think i stand a chance??
    Because you are retaking I'm not sure if you are eligible? Because you are predicted A*AA which is much higher than the maximum ABB for the A108 course. This would make you eligble for the standard course... But I don't know since their retake policy is not clearly stated on their website, so I might be wrong. Otherwise, of couse you stand a chance, as long as your personal statement is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yukicookie)
    Because you are retaking I'm not sure if you are eligible? Because you are predicted A*AA which is much higher than the maximum ABB for the A108 course. This would make you eligble for the standard course... But I don't know since their retake policy is not clearly stated on their website, so I might be wrong. Otherwise, of couse you stand a chance, as long as your personal statement is good.
    Its alright, I called them up to confirm. They said that since I met their requirements first time, they will be using my first time results. Not my retake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yahya1997)
    Its alright, I called them up to confirm. They said that since I met their requirements first time, they will be using my first time results. Not my retake.
    That's good then! Did you apply anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yukicookie)
    That's good then! Did you apply anywhere else?
    Yeah, I applied for Kings, Southampton, Exeter for medicine and UCL for biomedical science

ReputationRep:
    My predicted grades are:
    Biology - A
    Math - B
    Applied science - D*D*
    GCSES - 7 Bs and 3 Cs
    Ukcat - 1650 and band 3 (they dont take account for bands 😄😄)
    I know i wont get in but i jus applied

ReputationRep:
    Im applying to the Gateway Course A108 and was just wondering if anyone had heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess.Berry)
    Im applying to the Gateway Course A108 and was just wondering if anyone had heard anything yet?
    I only had the waiting for UKCAT results email.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobillie)
    I'm applying for the A108 and received my interview offer today
    Already?
    I thought Bristol give out interview/rejections from Jan-March.

Congratulations anyway!
    When is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobillie)
    I think they start giving them out early November as there are interviews in November and December ☺️
    Thank you! It's January 23rd
    All the best!! 👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    Hey just wondering, does anyone know how many interviews get given out each year for this course. I just received one and want to know my chances of getting in

ReputationRep:
    Its a new course and only started this year with about 12 students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hshabir02)
    Hey just wondering, does anyone know how many interviews get given out each year for this course. I just received one and want to know my chances of getting in
    Good luck and Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ))

ReputationRep:
    So I got rejected yesterday. Good luck to the rest of you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 24, 2018

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.