Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my journey to AAAA Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So this is my personal target for the end of this year. I study biology,psychology,English language and literature and history.

Currently working out average:
    Biology B/C
    English language and literature C/B
    Psychology C
    History B

But i know that i can get my As because i will try my bed.

Hopefully this will motivate me to get the best grades possible.

UPDATE:

Currently working at:

biology B
    psychology A/B
    English - haven't done a test yet
    history - B but did a test last week and will see what I got for that

I'm gonna keep on adding it to this so that I can see how I have improved quickly
    Yesterday i did two sections of psychology. But next week i have two tests bio100%is needed and psychology an A.

I am going to be revising biology most of today i have a list of topics that i need to complete. Will update throughout the day

Also I'm not going to hang out at my brothers house today sacrificing it for my future. This is a difference from before because i never used to care about things like this before.

Quote for today: Progress not perfection<3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHopefulMedic)
    So this is my personal target for the end of this year. I study biology,psychology,English language and literature and history.

Biology B/C
    Psychology C
    History B

Yesterday i did two sections of psychology. But next week i have two tests bio100%is needed and psychology an A.

I am going to be revising biology most of today i have a list of topics that i need to complete. Will update throughout the day

Also I'm not going to hang out at my brothers house today sacrificing it for my future. This is a difference from before because i never used to care about things like this before.

You're going to try your bed?

Jk aha, good luck
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:

Biology B/C
    Psychology C
    History B

What a great quote - sounds like you are way more motivated now - is this the case?

How do you plan to revise?

ReputationRep:
    By making a realistic timetable and sticking to it!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Sorry I haven't updated this in a while. I feel as though I need to be completely honest with myself here because then when I have bad days I can see how much I have improved. In my mocks I got CCCU. For two of my subjects that was an improvement from what I have been achieving previously but for the other two I have gone down. In my college whoever doesn't achieve at least a C (I think) for their mock gets kicked off the course.
    So I have another exam on Monday which will dictate whether I am allowed to stay onto the Biology course or not! So here is to acing that! Also in psychology I got a C in my mock but we did another test last week and I got an A which is the first A I have received since starting a levels so I am really happy. Trying to focus on the fact that if I constantly improve then I will get AAAA in the end because I am trying my best. I have also learnt never to down play what I have done in a day. If all I have done is read a chapter that is STILL something and I shouldn't discredit it because otherwise I will feel guilty and then not study.

Anyways today I will be doing:
    *Psychology fill in the missing chapter in the booklet
    *History homework
    *English answer the questions
    *Biology enzymes
    *plasma membranes
    *Cell cycle

Also if anyone has ANY tips on how to improve from a B to an A in history essays then PLEASE help me! I will type up my essay for someone to mark if someone wants to check this out.

Also another goal of mine is only to use TSR on my laptop and not my phone because when I use my laptop I am really productive in comparison to on my phone.

Thank you very much

THM

ReputationRep:
    So far I have done my history homework and my psychology work. Am going to complete English in my free period on Tuesday or Wednesday since it isn't really homework but will help greatly.

I am going to have a break until 35 past and then start on biology. It feels good to be productive. Does anyone have any tips on how to maintain being productive at all times? Kind regards THM

ReputationRep:
    Hi am going to update today! I have analysed a chapter for English because she sent us an email that we have to do that for Monday. I am going to do some reading right now which will help me with the creative writing part of my exam. Have also got a list of what I need to get done by the end of the week for the test on Monday! Yeah that is basically me out for today! Will wake up at 6am and start on certain topics before I go to the library at 9am tomorrow until 12pm.

Kind regards THM

this has been a great help in motivating me because as I see people viewing this I feel an obligation to update this as soon as I do something so that when I feel down i can see how i couldn't be bothered to do work before but powered through.

Today i did procrastinate but i got my work done at the end. So all is good.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes i procrastinate because i feel as though i have a lot of time to do something whereas everyone else is studying but i don't know what to study. Like i have done everything that i could have done for today because i have enough time tomorrow genuinely but you still feel as though you are wasting time. If you feel this way could you give any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes i procrastinate because i feel as though i have a lot of time to do something whereas everyone else is studying but i don't know what to study. Like i have done everything that i could have done for today because i have enough time tomorrow genuinely but you still feel as though you are wasting time. If you feel this way could you give any advice?
    If you feel that you're wasting your time, just start studying, seriously.
    Do past papers
    Revise

I got AAAA at AS (maths, further maths, chem, bio) and that's what I did
    If I didn't feel like revising I played music, watched something... but when I had time, I just did past papers, practised, etc..

(I'm doing A2 now)

ReputationRep:
    So today I am going to be revising mainly biology because apparently the test people had on Monday isn't going to be the same as the one I am going to have. That is my main focus for today other than that I have watch new Star Wars Rebels, had breakfast and am now typing this and I am SOOOOOO ready to get an A in my biology test on Monday! Ready to #kicksomeas*

I will update on what I have done throughout the day! Also does anyone have any tips on how to revise all of biology module 2 OCR A Biology 2015 spec? Like there are 6 topics that I have to learn in 2 days. But Insha'Allah I will get it defo 100% there is not a doubt in my mind that if I apply myself that I will not get an A.

Kind regards

THM

ReputationRep:
    For History, I would go through your spec and all the topics and make a list of as many questions as you can. For every big topic e.g. MLK plan all the questions around it. Essay planning is key for history.

For English I would do the same as above but more so plan themes and if your exam is closed text then just stick to memorising as many quotes as you can that cover more than one theme so you can manipulate the quotes. Also the little things like context and critical analysis for the extra marks.

For biology I'm also trying to get my C to an A (I have two A's in history and English) but I think doing as many past papers. Then writing out the answers and questions that you got wrong to help them really stick in your head. Then after every paper make a list of 5 topics that went wrong in the paper and revise those in detail. I forget my biology content all the time so just going over it again and again every week should help. And exam technique is key for Edexcel (not sure which board you are)

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh so basically on Saturday I read a chapter of my book and did nothing else really. Sunday however I was really productive and didn't go out and revised my ASS of for biology and got a mark off a B in my biology test! Not what I want but better than nothing For psychology I have a test on Thursday on biopsychology.

Today I am going to go over what we learnt today for all of my subjects. I am also going to do my biology homework. Also going to revise for my psychology test, English read the book and analyse it as well, but I don't have a set plan until I start my work tbh.

K am going to revise now! See you on the other side

13 more weeks to go!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey so far I have been revising for psychology, filling in my lab book for biology as well and other bits and bobs getting ready for half term which has started for me already. I need to make a new new years resolution - I will try to update this everyday so that I can see accurately how much I have improved.

I am making a revision timetable today and should be done later on then I am going to watch KUWTK and then actually start with my revision. I am so excited honestly for 13 weeks until my first exam! IDK why though because I need to get a lot better to be where I want to be. The fact that it is so close is exciting me and making me more determined to do work every single day.

ReputationRep:
    I hope all of you are feeling productive as well GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE I WILL GET AAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New quote for today:

ReputationRep:
    Hey so yesterday I made a clear timetable for the holidays. Today consists of a minimum of:
    *English 10 chapters analyse
    Psychology -RM1 2 PARTS& BIOPSYCHOLOGY 2 PARTS
    HISTORY - JAMES 3 PARTS
    BIOLOGY - M1 3 PARTS

The whole holiday is split up into stuff like this as well btw. Hope ur holiday is going to be a real productive one gd luck everyone!

13weeks 2 days to go! WOOO!

ReputationRep:
    Hi sorry I haven't updated in a while. I did a couple of tests recently and am getting A/b GRADES IN them I am so happy that my hard work IS paying off. I finally get why the geeks in my college revise it is so nice knowing that you have achieved something through hard work.

I am trying to keep the momentum going and am doing a couple of hours every night of revision as well as doing work in all of my frees. Also if you are doing biology it is a great thing to make sure that you UNDERSTAND what is going on, like REALLY understand it because then you can answer any possible question thrown at you. I have a study buddy for biology and we don't talk to each other usually but we both want to get A's so we motivate each other which is great and ask each other things that we don't understand.

Also my teacher has predicted me a C in biology so now I have to prove her wrong lol. I have put the grades that I want by the end of the year on my wall so every time I feel like procrastinating I can see what I want to get and how close I am to it.

I have made a timetable which means that all of the content that we have learnt this year or what we haven't learnt yet (e.g in biology the teacher said that we will finish the content the DAY before the exam so if anyone has any tips on how to learn module 4 by yourself on top of everything else please give me advice) by the end of march. Then April will be full on practice papers/essays and marking them. Then may will be revising again depending on what is coming up in the exam.

Is it normal to put a lot more effort into one subject to get a better grade in comparison to your other subjects because in biology, for example, I put in a lot more time in comparison to English and I get similar grades.

Also does anyone have any tips for the EDUQAS WJEC AS LEVEL ENGLISH LIT AND LANG essay on comparing a poem to an unseen text? Like how to get an A in it?

Kind regards

THM

Quotes of the day: ' I dream it, I work hard, I grind until I own it, I twirl on them haters' and

Best of luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    78 days to go!!!!

ReputationRep:
    which one is biology unit 4? last year I did biology AS and there was a unit i had to learn on my own completely, as the teacher was just reading the book.....

Hi sorry I haven't updated in a while. I did a couple of tests recently and am getting A/b GRADES IN them I am so happy that my hard work IS paying off. I finally get why the geeks in my college revise it is so nice knowing that you have achieved something through hard work.

I am trying to keep the momentum going and am doing a couple of hours every night of revision as well as doing work in all of my frees. Also if you are doing biology it is a great thing to make sure that you UNDERSTAND what is going on, like REALLY understand it because then you can answer any possible question thrown at you. I have a study buddy for biology and we don't talk to each other usually but we both want to get A's so we motivate each other which is great and ask each other things that we don't understand.

Also my teacher has predicted me a C in biology so now I have to prove her wrong lol. I have put the grades that I want by the end of the year on my wall so every time I feel like procrastinating I can see what I want to get and how close I am to it.

I have made a timetable which means that all of the content that we have learnt this year or what we haven't learnt yet (e.g in biology the teacher said that we will finish the content the DAY before the exam so if anyone has any tips on how to learn module 4 by yourself on top of everything else please give me advice) by the end of march. Then April will be full on practice papers/essays and marking them. Then may will be revising again depending on what is coming up in the exam.

Is it normal to put a lot more effort into one subject to get a better grade in comparison to your other subjects because in biology, for example, I put in a lot more time in comparison to English and I get similar grades.

Also does anyone have any tips for the EDUQAS WJEC AS LEVEL ENGLISH LIT AND LANG essay on comparing a poem to an unseen text? Like how to get an A in it?

Kind regards

THM

Quotes of the day: ' I dream it, I work hard, I grind until I own it, I twirl on them haters' and

Best of luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    How are you so motivated? So amazing !!!

ReputationRep:
    Its c
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    which one is biology unit 4? last year I did biology AS and there was a unit i had to learn on my own completely, as the teacher was just reading the book.....
    its called module 4 on the new ocr spec. Its has topics on biodiversity, evolution and disease. I'm gonna start learning next week but was wondering how to go about it or if anyone had done it before

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.