Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im currently re-doing A levels in the form of a BTEC ND in textiles and hoping to go onto uni to do Fine Art. Now i already know that I want to work free lance and so I was thinking of taking an AS level in Business Studies as I thought this would perhaps help me for the future( or at least give me a basic grounding). How would I go about doing it in my free time, bascially teaching myself and to any that do teach themselves A levels etc how do u feel u get on with them? Please somebody help me, thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luce20)
    Im currently re-doing A levels in the form of a BTEC ND in textiles and hoping to go onto uni to do Fine Art. Now i already know that I want to work free lance and so I was thinking of taking an AS level in Business Studies as I thought this would perhaps help me for the future( or at least give me a basic grounding). How would I go about doing it in my free time, bascially teaching myself and to any that do teach themselves A levels etc how do u feel u get on with them? Please somebody help me, thanks!!
    Hey luce! I've taught myself through all my A-levels (and GCSEs) and the thing I've found works best for me is distance learning. Companies such as NEC (www.nec.ac.uk) offer AS and A2 courses where you'll get a file covering the syllabus along with assignments to send off to a tutor (who can authenticate coursework if your syllabus has any). For me, it's worked fantastically, as it allows you to work at your own pace and gives you so much flexibility - there are no deadlines apart from whenever you decide to enter for the exam. There are others on here who've done it too so I'm sure you'll get more info, but let me know if you have any other questions

ReputationRep:
    hey slowjamz - thanks for the quick reply! Just wanted to ask if you are now at uni and did teaching urself hinder ur chances of getting in or did the unis look favourably upon it? I think before I make a decision of doing it, I will ring up all the unis I am applying to first to see what they think of it. Thanks again

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.