Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Facebook REMOVE Britain First "Christian Patrol" Video. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    Completely incorrect. They walked the streets whilst holding crosses and handing out their Britain First leaflets, they were then confronted by various groups of Muslims. Did you even watch the video?
    Erm. Did you go around and ask them all which religion they follow for you to know they were muslims?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **** Diamonds)
    Facebook is a private company.

They're under no obligation to provide a platform for vile racists
    1. Facebook is not a private company lmao
    2. Britain first are not racist
    3. The people in the video are just as bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    Im white and have never had anything said to be. So the actual reason is you are chatting **** to further ignite hatred towards muslims.
    I'm not chatting anything. I'm saying what happened when I went to that area.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCherry)
    Freedom of speech is important, but ofc has its limits.
    You can't just go insult and offend others and call it freedom of speech for instance.

Besides, all "Britain First" wanted was to cause chaos ..
    So offending non muslims is now okay is it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Was it obvious you're Hindu or non-Muslim? I mean the only thing that makes me look "Muslim" is my brown skin. It's just I've seen white/"non-Muslim" looking people walk around there with no problem so I was surprised to hear that.
    I wear a necklace which has an aum sign on it. So it was fairly obvs I was Hindu.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayyylmaoo)
    Religion is not a race its a idelogy
    .. thats like saying the labour party policies are racist because they want higher taxes which is part of labours idelogy

edit sorry i through you said britiain first are racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    So offending non muslims is now okay is it ?
    When the hell did I say that...??? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    1. It operates in the private sector

2. They probably are and even if they're not, Christianity has no place in public life either

3. Islamic extremists are probably worse, still doesn't negate the right of Facebook not to host BF videos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    LMAOO How do you even identify a muslim (if they're not wearing a headscarf or any sort of religious clothing) ???
    No idea. But they found out I was Hindu because of a necklace I was wearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    "We're taking over"

Those three words said by that shopkeeper said it all really.
    He trolled a she troll, big deal...

ReputationRep:
    I agree britain first is provocative, however is it right that the muslims who were approached retaliated in an equally stupid way?

And LOL that's what freedom of speech is for, to defend everything that anyone says, regardless of how "outrageous" it is perceived to be, where do you draw the line seriously lmao.
    No you can't just say what you want and say "freedom of speech". I believe in america it is different due to their constitution but in the UK it is a criminal offence to deliberately offend someone/hurl abuse at them. Furthermore facebook can remove whatever they like

Islam is'nt a race its a religion you can't be racist towards a muslim .... get it right
    next thing you know you can be racist towards a commmunist
    Xenophobic then. Like it matters though, you know what people mean. Some people use racist as a term to cover any kind of hatred/discrimination towards a particular group.

ReputationRep:
    They are just as bad as the muslim patrols in tower hamlets tbh......

ReputationRep:
    You said you are Hindu (i presume you are brown) therefore how the **** would they know if you were muslim or not, just please stop with your ******** nothing was said to you and you know it, why are you out here defending BF like say they dont hate Hindus just as much lol

Exact phrase used by racists to cover for their stupidity. Why cant you just be outright and say yeah im racist why have you got to hide it for?
    Why don't you read my old posts? I was wearing a necklace which had the aum sign and because we were going to the temple for prayers. And from what I know, BF are anti-Islam. Not Hindu.

Awwwwww have you got a little ouchie about it? All of those things was said to me. This vid shows that there are idiots like that who say all those things. You'd be surprised at how many people there waste their time.

But no, you live in a little bubble of roses don't you?

ReputationRep:
    In her world: shes an A-list celebrity she walked down and they all went omg a non muslim we must waste our time insulting her
    Reality: Nothing happened shes just gagging for some attention
    You clearly care enough to reply to my posts though.. Carry on being ignorant sweetheart.

ReputationRep:
    Britain First lol those guys are so dumb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    In other words, you want to ban freedom of speech.
    Yes it is a restriction on freedom of speech, but not all freedom of speech is productive and necessary. For example, would it be logical for Facebook to ban a video promoting Islamic State and the terror it incites? Yes.

What Britain First did was promote hate, it tried to seperate muslims and non-muslims further apart when we should be integrating, and I support the notion of banning the video.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    No you can't just say what you want and say "freedom of speech". I believe in america it is different due to their constitution but in the UK it is a criminal offence to deliberately offend someone/hurl abuse at them. Furthermore facebook can remove whatever they like

Xenophobic then. Like it matters though, you know what people mean. Some people use racist as a term to cover any kind of hatred/discrimination towards a particular group.
    Learn the definition of xenophobic
    Spoiler:
    Show
    dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.

Islam is from all muliple countries anyone can be a muslim... so you can't be xenophobic towards a muslim

ReputationRep:
    Learn the definition of xenophobic
    Spoiler:
    Show
    dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.

Islam is from all muliple countries anyone can be a muslim... so you can't be xenophobic towards a muslim
    ugh "islamaphobic" then, jesus who cares? at the end of the day it's people being prejudice and hating a particular group of people

ReputationRep:
    Facebook as a private organisation has no obligation to defend freedom of speech, removing a video is its right especially if said video violates it rules of usage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United999)
    Yet these videos/content are still up and have been for a while. One thing for Islam and another for everything else
    Flag them as inappropriate then, rather than moaning about it on a separate chat room...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.