The Student Room Group

Facebook REMOVE Britain First "Christian Patrol" Video.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VladThe1mpaler
you're proud to hate people based on their religion? ok then

I don't hate people based on their religion, I hate the religion. I have a fear of an ideology. But according to you the two are the same so I guess I'm an Islamaphobe?
Reply 101
Original post by djh2208
I don't hate people based on their religion, I hate the religion. I have a fear of an ideology. But according to you the two are the same so I guess I'm an Islamaphobe?

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda
Original post by djh2208

Dw you can still be classed as an islamophobe without hating the people who practise islam. The actual definition of one is 'dislike of or prejudice against Islam[1] or Muslims[2], especially as a political force.'

No one is going to have a go at you if you claim you're the former[1], (bc muh freedum of speech) but being the latter[2] means there is actually something wrong with you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Oman97
Who's you people? Who am I? If I see something that I think is offensive and against the community guidelines I report it.

Islamic videos reported- nothing happens

Britain first videos reported- taken down

Only you people will fail to see the difference as you are so caught up with your religion (whether you are Muslim or not, the left are tied to Islam in many ways)
Original post by mercuryman
Dw you can still be classed as an islamophobe without hating the people who practise islam. The actual definition of one is 'dislike of or prejudice against Islam[1] or Muslims[2], especially as a political force.'

No one is going to have a go at you if you claim you're the former[1], but being the latter[2] means there is actually something wrong with you.

So I think it's an important distinction to make. Fear of an ideology makes you rational, fear of all of the believers of an ideology makes you a bigot.

Don't you think we should start using a word other than Islamaphobia, rather than lumping together the people who fear Islam and the people who fear all Muslims?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Why don't you read my old posts? I was wearing a necklace which had the aum sign and because we were going to the temple for prayers. And from what I know, BF are anti-Islam. Not Hindu.

Awwwwww have you got a little ouchie about it? All of those things was said to me. This vid shows that there are idiots like that who say all those things. You'd be surprised at how many people there waste their time.

But no, you live in a little bubble of roses don't you?

BF are for paid repatriation. Therefore even if all Islam and muslim was eradicated from this country, they would want people such as you to leave and would be happy to award you a sum of money for doing so. Same as the BNP policy and you can read this as it is a BF party policy. So they would pretty much pressure you into relocating back to India. The basis of this has to do with race and their deluded view of White British purity similar to others we have seen in history. So I would argue at the core of the organisation it is based upon racial purity and ergo can be seen as a racist party.
Original post by djh2208
So I think it's an important distinction to make. Fear of an ideology makes you rational, fear of all of the believers of an ideology makes you a bigot.

I wouldn't use the word rational, but you are on the right lines.

Original post by djh2208
Don't you think we should start using a word other than Islamaphobia, rather than lumping together the people who fear Islam and the people who fear all Muslims?

Yes, we should but it should only be used for those who intelligently criticize the faith.
Original post by hazzer1998
Then it should apply to all religions not just Islam

Well the guys at Oxford doesn't really care what your opinion is on this, you know. The word is defined and is part of our dialects now :biggrin:

Moreover you will notice that Christianity or even Zoroastrian doesn't create any headlines (for the wrong reasons) or destined its followers to mockery / online trolling.

However Jews were subject to a similar frenzy back in the 1900s and that's how we have a term "Antisemitism" defined in the dictionary. Now Islam is carrying the bleak baton and it's unfortunate.

Outeee
Original post by mercuryman
I wouldn't use the word rational, but you are on the right lines.

Yes, we should but it should only be used for those who intelligently criticize the faith.

I think this is something that we can more or less agree on then :smile:
Original post by TSRFT8
I dont understand why he does not just admit to being a racist instead of hiding behind his "Islam is not a race" card. I know Islam is not a race but the problem is you dont know anything about it, you dont hate Islam you hate people who are not white. FACT

I understand your anger towards his comments and all but in all honesty, you don't know him well enough to say that, unless you have proof of him being one?
Original post by DiceTheSlice
Well the guys at Oxford doesn't really care what your opinion is on this, you know. The word is defined and is part of our dialects now :biggrin:

Moreover you will notice that Christianity or even Zoroastrian doesn't create any headlines (for the wrong reasons) or destined its followers to mockery / online trolling.

However Jews were subject to a similar frenzy back in the 1900s and that's how we have a term "Antisemitism" defined in the dictionary. Now Islam is carrying the bleak baton and it's unfortunate.

Outeee

I like how you worded that. +1 :smile:
Original post by TSRFT8
You dont know much then... Their way of getting followers stupid people like you defending them is that their "anti-islam" realistically they hate everyone who is not white (aka also you) So the fact you are of asian decent and sitting here defending these people who keep in mind hate you just as much as they hate muslims is quite funny and shows how much you are BEGGING to be white.

Im white - Even i know that these people are nothing but a racist organisation promoting their hatred of anyone who is from a different country. Read about some of the members and what they have been convicted of doing - Let me know if you still support them after.

Awww bless you think I support them.
Begging to be white? I'm mixed race sweetheart so I already have white in me. :wink:

And if you're trying to sound all big-shot, please check your spelling. It sounds much less intimidating when you've spelt stuff wrong.
Reply 112
Original post by United999
Islamic videos reported- nothing happens

Britain first videos reported- taken down

Only you people will fail to see the difference as you are so caught up with your religion (whether you are Muslim or not, the left are tied to Islam in many ways)

Who's you people? Who said I'm religious? Britain first are supposedly Christian... you're argument suggests that Islamic videos aren't taken down because they're religious... If that's true, it's very flawed. The left? As in politically? The Right are also tied to Islam in many ways, so what??
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
"We're taking over"

Those three words said by that shopkeeper said it all really.

They only said it because they knew it would anger the Britain First terrorists. Yes, that is what they are: terrorists.

Besides their grandparents built what you know as the UK. The exploitation of India and its peoples during the British Empire helped build this country and so I am sure that the decedents of those people are allowed to reap the benefits...

Funny thing is that those Britain First idiots have probably enjoyed a curry once in their life and I am sure they didn't make it themselves.
(edited 8 years ago)
I liked the video tbh it showed the truth about how certain Muslims really feel.
Original post by the bear
i quite enjoyed the video... surprised by how eloquent Jayda & Paul were. the Muslims were so foul mouthed in response.

Original post by TSRFT8
Who the hell even wants to watch a bunch of racist idiots claiming they know everything when they dont even have GCSE`s to their name and probably claim jobseekers allowance whilst wasting time promoting their racist propaganda :/

they either already have LL.b degrees or are working towards getting a law degree. you can easily find this info online.

Original post by intelligent con
Well done facebook I hope they go further and ban ALL britain first and UKIP content, we know around here that they're very wicked

Original post by BookBird
It's probably best that they deleted it because the only thing this video is accomplishing is breeding more hatred.

you have a very weak British government lead by a weak prime minister and staffed with lousy and silly people. so when the government fails to act accordingly because it is fearful of stepping on the toes of the PC brigade, this is where groups like British First come in to address those problems.

Original post by United999
They showed the truth and the truth hurts. It represents the true face of multi-cultralism and what an ugly truth it was

yes. multiculturalism is false. there's no such thing as multiculturalism in the UK. people from certain religions demand more and more concessions than other religions. you don't see the punjabis and buddhists making trouble or showing the whole world how holy they are. these people simply go about their daily affairs.
Original post by TSRFT8
Whats your point? You can get a Law degree from Coventry,DMU,BCU,Wolverhampton,Open University? Does not mean you are intelligent? In fact you can do law degrees without GCSE, A-levels at some universities if you do a foundation year? Unless you can prove that these hooligans got to a RG or Oxbridge i will not take back my point that they are un-educated racist idiots.

Who's the real idiot here? I've been reading through the thread and people have made it very clear that Paul, Jayda and the Britain First movement itself are not racist. You refuse to take this information on board and continue to call them racists...
I wouldn't say Britain is a Christian country (btw a Christian myself). It's becoming more multi-cultural and multi-faith and we should towards integration. Britain First just spreads hatred of people that are different to them.
These people don't represent Christians or British people. The 'Christian' cross represents forgiveness and inclusivism, not hatred and separation that Britain First represent.
Reply 118
Although I think BF are a bunch of losers, it's a bit disconcerting to see some muslims talk of how they're 'taking over' and this is 'their country now'.
Original post by throwaway1488
Who's the real idiot here? I've been reading through the thread and people have made it very clear that Paul, Jayda and the Britain First movement itself are not racist. You refuse to take this information on board and continue to call them racists...

So because people on this thread say they are not racist it means they are not racist. Got it. Thanks for the useful advice will come in handy. People on here are entitled to say they are not racist it does not invalidate my opinion that they are?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending