Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Facebook REMOVE Britain First "Christian Patrol" Video. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    I completely agree, however you would think they are saying that to spark a reaction from the activists the same way Britain First are trying to get a reaction from the Asian lads. Also keep in mind only one person said that and you could gather that he only intended to cause anger from BF which would lead to some sort of fight/breakout etc..
    Yeah, I saw a documentary on BF that showed how they deliberately target certain areas/people to get a reaction from Muslims, and then edit the video to make it look like the Muslims are attacking the 'peaceful and innocent' BF activists.

That said, the Muslims in the video should know better by now. We live in the age of social media and manipulation. They should have known those words can have an effect on people and would buy into BF's agenda.

I noted at least one guy and one woman shouting 'Muslims are taking over'. Regardless of their intentions (real opinion or just trying to provoke), it was idiotic and dumb.

ReputationRep:
    Britain First's Christian Patrol has been denounced by every major Christian denomination in the UK.

The Bishop of Bedford, the Right Rev.Richard Atkinson OBE -'Christ said, blessed are the Peacemakers. The actions of Britain First are not those of Peacemakers. They are deeply provocative , self-fulfilling, self serving and not recognisably actions motivated by the Christian Faith.

The Doctor Damian Howard SJ speaking for the Catholic Church in England and Wales - It's extremely painful for any Christian when the name of Jesus Christ is high jacked to justify hatred and to spread fear and distrust. It is actually a kind of blasphemy. I have no hesitation in denouncing their ( Britain First's) crude and divisive tactics as totally contrary to the true spirit of Christian love. Catholics and others will follow the Spiritual Leadership of Pope Francis who encourages us all to welcome the stranger and to set out on the path of dialogue with people of other religions.

Stephen Keyworth, Faith and Society Team Leader at the Baptist Union of Great Britain, - Britain First doesn't speak for Christians and a divisive street patrol like this, doesn't respect Gospel Values...To this end we seek to build good and meaningful relationships with people of other faiths and none, that we may live in harmony and enrich one another.

Paul Morrison, Policy Advisor for the Methodist Church in Great Britain -We value good relations with our Muslim Brothers and Sisters and recognise that our lives are enriched by them. Our thoughts and prayers are with those who have been intimidated or made to feel unsafe by racist marches.

Revd John Proctor General Secretary of the United Reform Church -The cross of Christ is a symbol of costly love and humble commitment to God and to neighbour. To use the Cross in any other way has no foundation in Christian values or teaching. We therefore distance ourselves from the Britain First Movement.

Andrew Schofield of the Public Information Desk for Jehovah Witnesses.- We follow the Bible's advice to respect everybody, regardless of their religious beliefs. Nor do we campaign to have laws passed that would impose our religious morals and convictions on the general community. Instead we extend to others the same tolerance that we appreciate receiving from them.

Dr David Landrum, Director of Advocacy at the Evangelical Alliance - Let's get this straight, Britain First do not speak for Christians. Their message of hate is entirely at odds with the Christian faith and their self styled Christian Patrols are very much at odds with the healing effect of the Gospel.

Paul Parker, Recording Clerk of the Quakers of Britain - (we) do not support any group who incite violence and disrespect.

Colin Hart, Director of the Christian Institute - The central principles of this group ( Britain First) enshrine beliefs which completely contradict the Christian Faith. Real Christians want to speak the truth in love, not to antagonise or intimidate those around them.

Revd Adrian Alker, Chair of the Progressive Christian Network Britain- the faiths of Christianity, Islam and Judaism, all speak of a God of love and compassion. I'm sure that the Jesus I seek to follow, would be appalled at the activities of 'Britain First.'

Emma Anthony of the Fellowship of Reconciliation - Britain First do not represent Christian values particularly those most core to our faith like non violence and love in action.

Tracy Byrne Chief Executive of the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement - Britain First's willful misreading of the Christian faith. a faith based on tolerance, compassion and welcome to the stranger - would be ironic , were it not for the very real damage their rhetoric causes. I am ashamed and angry that theses people would so distort not just the Christian Gospel but the Islamic Faith too, and that they incite others to do likewise.

ReputationRep:
    So because people on this thread say they are not racist it means they are not racist. Got it. Thanks for the useful advice will come in handy. People on here are entitled to say they are not racist it does not invalidate my opinion that they are?
    It's a fact. Britain First is an anti-Islam political movement. Just because racists support it does not make it racist. Do some research, listen to some interviews, check their manifesto/policies, Britain First is NOT a racist party. FACT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    "We're taking over"

Those three words said by that shopkeeper said it all really.
    He was just trying to wind them up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Learn the definition of racism please
    Spoiler:
    Show
    prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior

Islam is'nt a race ... how dimwitted are you ?
    Well it's still not ok to hate all Muslims
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamk97)
    Well it's still not ok to hate all Muslims
    So its ok for muslims to hate us but we can't hate them ?
    l Don't hate muslims . i dislike islam and radicalised indivisuals / groups that represent Islam ( not the moderate muslims that denouce isis and radical islam )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    In other words, you want to ban freedom of speech.
    Free speech =/= consequence-free speech

I'm not sure I agree with this video in particular being taken down (although the shoving the crosses in people's faces? Please. Pathetic and purposefully inflammatory/intimidating. Plus, if you want a Christian country relocate to one) but it must be recognised that there may be consequences for hate speech or speech that incites (e.g.) racial hatred. Britain First/the EDL are known for stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oman97)
    Coming from the one with the clearly mature username: Ayyylmaoo... Ignoring it is exactly what I did! I'm just providing an example as to why in my opinion, the freedom of speech of a group was not infringed. The fact that you're trying to make it personal is just hiding the fact you can't come up with a logical, constructive response.
    Coming from the one who thinks that censorship by a website which doesn't take beheadings of mexican cartel members off for not violating graphic content but does take off anti-muslim britain first videos is not infringing upon freedom of speech? Yes, you are clearly in a position to say I lack a logical, constructive response. My username is not an indicator of my maturity however your attitude is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    You may not agree with what Britain First did in their video but surely you don't support censorship like this from Facebook. The video had been viewed on Facebook 25 million times.

455573433044/957330354412226/?type=3&theater[/b]

Here is the video;

Good on Facebook.

What Britain First did is only inciting religious and racial hatred.

If anything, it should have been taken down sooner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayyylmaoo)
    Coming from the one who thinks that censorship by a website which doesn't take beheadings of mexican cartel members off for not violating graphic content but does take off anti-muslim britain first videos is not infringing upon freedom of speech? Yes, you are clearly in a position to say I lack a logical, constructive response. My username is not an indicator of my maturity however your attitude is.
    Contact Facebook if you want video's taken down, or flag them for being inappropriate. Mexican cartel beheadings are a disgusting thing to be on Facebook; however in this debate/thread about freedom of speech they have no bearing as the reason they are inappropriate is because they are graphic and violent, not because they are expressing offensive views about a race or religion. Again, I'm just providing an example as to why in my opinion, the freedom of speech of a group was not infringed. What's my attitude? I'm simply responding to you who made it personal, suggesting that I was immature and needed to grow up! Again, I gave you solid logical arguments and you now further turn it on me by suggesting I have an attitude... Not once did I say you were immature, I just said your argument was flawed. Which it is yet again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oman97)
    Contact Facebook if you want video's taken down, or flag them for being inappropriate. Mexican cartel beheadings are a disgusting thing to be on Facebook; however in this debate/thread about freedom of speech they have no bearing as the reason they are inappropriate is because they are graphic and violent, not because they are expressing offensive views about a race or religion. Again, I'm just providing an example as to why in my opinion, the freedom of speech of a group was not infringed. What's my attitude? I'm simply responding to you who made it personal, suggesting that I was immature and needed to grow up! Again, I gave you solid logical arguments and you now further turn it on me by suggesting I have an attitude... Not once did I say you were immature, I just said your argument was flawed. Which it is yet again.
    What I'm trying to say is that facebook is very particular in what it does / does not take down and that it censors content in bizarre ways. I suggested you were immature because, based on what you said, it appeared as though you weren't considering that you could just ignore something you didn't like and that everyone is somehow forced to listen to this Britain First garbage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    you're proud to hate people based on their religion? ok then
    Islamophobia =/= Hating all muslims

Inb4 you say "learn the real definition" you literally can't conflate muslims and islam into one "phobia". Nothing like a good ol weasel word though.

ReputationRep:
    Britain First aren't even important enough to talk about.

Jews run the media.

And Islamophobia is manufactured by the media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    Britain First aren't even important enough to talk about.

Jews run the media.

And Islamophobia is manufactured by the media.
    I believe you m8

ReputationRep:
    Whats your point? You can get a Law degree from Coventry,DMU,BCU,Wolverhampton,O pen University? Does not mean you are intelligent? In fact you can do law degrees without GCSE, A-levels at some universities if you do a foundation year? Unless you can prove that these hooligans got to a RG or Oxbridge i will not take back my point that they are un-educated racist idiots.
    Seriously? Anyone who hasnt gone to a rg or oxbridge uni is uneducated?

Leave your classist bigotry at the door.

(Original post by 雷尼克)
    These idiots are causing more Muslims to feel alienated, which is indirectly causing them to turn to extremism.
    Maybe. But the onus is ultimately on the extremists who join themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayyylmaoo)
    What I'm trying to say is that facebook is very particular in what it does / does not take down and that it censors content in bizarre ways. I suggested you were immature because, based on what you said, it appeared as though you weren't considering that you could just ignore something you didn't like and that everyone is somehow forced to listen to this Britain First garbage.
    Good, now we're getting somewhere. I agree completely with you from that perspective. In the BF's instance, I believe FB were correct to take down the video, regardless of past censorship issues. Not because I can't ignore it, but because posts inciting hate against a religion in another's name should not be on Facebook. Maybe Facebook should rethink their guidelines to cover violence as well as religious hate and intolerance. If people want to share their video's that incite hate or promote violence they should go to a website that shares their views.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to put a point across, you shouldn't walk in with such hatred and negativity. They make it seem like it's a "peaceful protest" when in reality, they wouldn't know what "Peaceful" meant if it slapped them hard across the face.

Ofcourse the muslims in the area going to react negatively to that.

Anyway, not all of them were abusive, only 2 minutes in and I can hear a man saying to the other guy "mari na, mari na" which means "Don't hit, don't hit".

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't even know we're not a Christian country lol we're an independent country, if Britain were a Christian country then the Church of England would have more power although I do think people should respect this country's Christian roots and the Christian majority, I bet those people don't even go to church on Sunday's, they were just looking for trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    Maybe? Are you kidding? ISIL's entire strategy is about making people afraid of Muslims worldwide so they therefore see ISIS as the only people who are willing to defend them.

The Paris attacks weren't about killing people, they were about making Europeans skeptical of the oncoming Muslims, and sadly it is working. But thankfully the vast majority of Muslims aren't stupid enough to join ISIS, but some do, and it is because ISIS are trying to make us alienate Islam.
    I'm skeptical about that take on their strategy, it plays very nicely into the "dont play into their hands" narrative, but I don't see that as the case.

ISIS' propaganda material plays very much in a kind of anti-west macho kind of way. While disillusionment that comes from the anti-muslim sentiment does help ISIS by getting some more people to join them, I think this idea that they are these mastermind social engineers performing some manner of grand double-bluff, is grossly misreading the situation.

ReputationRep:
    I love when a racist's only reply to how they are not racist is that Islam is not a race. That is their only reply and defence.

Yes of course Islam is not a race but that doesn't stop you from assuming all brown people are Muslim so we can still call you racist since you are assuming all brown people are Muslim without asking them. Because for sure those Britain First fascists did not ask those in Luton whether they are Muslim or not before they attacked them. That makes them racist because they are attacking someone primarily because of their colour and ethnicity but also of course, religion.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.