Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims aren't the problem, Islam is Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Islam bashing in full force these last couple of days.
    I'm not "bashing" Islam, I'm questioning it.

Are you going to label me an "Islamophobe" for asking questions? If so, who's truly intolerant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Thread title fail. :yep:
    Yes, it was clearly a typo... but not too many people failed to understand what it said

ReputationRep:
    its funny how islam is the trending and latest thread...

Would you like me to get a recommendation from the Queen?
    No, but it would be helpful to this thread if you'd run off to another thread to whine about the virtues of Islam and how insulting Islam insults all Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    are you implying that islam doesn't contain a huge variety of insanely intolerant and discriminatory teachings? or are you just playing dumb?
    Do give reference to these teachings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    No, but it would be helpful to this thread if you'd run off to another thread to whine about the virtues of Islam and how insulting Islam insults all Muslims.
    Looks like someones snapped. Job done me thinks.

Looks like someones snapped. Job done me thinks.
    Snapped? I'm quite upright, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't see how Islam won't integrate with western culture then you're blind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luminarychild)
    Breeding hate
    Not if it's intelligent criticism. I don't hate Muslims, I don't want them to be hurt, I just don't like Islam and what it stands for.

Don't turn into a bigot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt_Haytham)
    I'm not "bashing" Islam, I'm questioning it.

Are you going to label me an "Islamophobe" for asking questions? If so, who's truly intolerant?
    By making this thread your intention is to attract the Islamophobes (they don't like being called that) and you're asking a question which is asked literally everyday on this hate infested forum. Stop playing dumb, you know what you're doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butternuts96)
    Do give reference to these teachings.
    I think you know full well that islam has terrible teachings and you're only telling me to "give reference" because it is going to waste my time and annoy me but whatever - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and conclude that you're simply *that* ignorant and blinded by political correctness culture - here's a link with a list of verses: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa.../violence.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United999)
    But Islam promotes hate and breeds hate so what do you say to that?
    It doesn't. "Islam promotes equal rights, including that of homosexuals and women. It condones violence and is a bastion of democracy and tolerance."
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Of course I'm not serious. Islam is an antonym of equal rights and tolerance.

Exactly, so don't come on the internet if you can't stand the debate StrawAri :rolleyes:

How can you compare liking the simpsons to Islam...terrible analogy

People who challenge islam tend not to mix or like muslims at all because they strongly detest it and it's followers...so your saying that they forcefully shove their opinions down the throats of normal muslims and force them to leave? becuase a muslim has no security in this society filled with people like you? causing them to conform into something their not to avoid all this hate? and so called freedom of speech..abuse of speech more like. Because according to your logic it leaves muslims with no freedom
    What ?
    1. What makes you think I can't 'stand' the debate?
    2. How is it a bad analogy? I'm a follower of the tv show and I love it much like you are a follower of Islam and you love it.
    3. That's not true. How do you know that? Like I said most of the people that critisise Islam here on Tsr have loads of Muslim friends and get on with them really well. Just becasue you don't like someone's religion doesn't mean you can't like the person. There's more to being friends with a person than the religion they follow. For example I really like z33 on here. She's cool and funny and I agree with a lot of her opinions. The fact that she's a Muslim doesn't matter at all to me.
    4. No one is shoving anything down anyone's throats. No one is forcing anyone to conform to anything. People just share their opinions and challenge the ones of others. I've never ever seen a situation in which some one like Plantagenet crown or Hydeman have ever tried to force anyone to agree with them.
    5. Like I said, it's a shame that people are offended when their belief are criticized but that doesn't mean people can't share their opinions anymore.

ReputationRep:
    By making this thread your intention is to attract the Islamophobes (they don't like being called that) and you're asking a question which is asked literally everyday on this hate infested forum. Stop playing dumb, you know what you're doing.
    No it most certainly is not. Don't jump to conclusions about my intentions like that.

Sure "Islamophobes" are attracted to these kinds of threads, but I'm only expressing my opinion. You can choose to put the "Islamophobes" on the TSR block list if you wish

I am not "playing dumb" either. Freedom of Speech enables me to ask this questions no matter how many times it has been asked on this site. If you don't like it, do answer

But then when I'm defending Muslims in debates and pointing out that hate speech against them personally because of the religion they follow is wrong no one rushes to label me a racist :rolleyes:

One can never win on this website

ReputationRep:
    Wrong.

If Islam bred and promoted hate then all muslims would do that too and we would be in a far worse condition, the whole world would.
    Yet Islam is the same religion that has raised good educated humane muslims, yet some have gone astray leading to the corruption of the religion, breeding extemists..the bad guys.

There are hateful people and motives in every background of all races and religions. Why should we blame all of Islam for the acts of the minority?
    well arguably there is an issue. I mean

45% of Muslims believe the west is out destroy Islam
    36% of Young British Muslims believe in killing apostates (31% if include all age ranges)
    61% of Muslims believe that homosexuality should be illegal.
    28% want Britain to become a fundermentalist Islamic state

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Most Competitive)
    You'd have to blame those with extremist beliefs as opposed to the religion itself.
    I disagree totally.

Humans have rights and most people are naturally good.

Belief systems have no rights and South Asia/Arabia would be just as peaceful as Europe/North America if it wasn't for Islam

ReputationRep:
    Bla bla bla 'I don't like Islam and I want TSR to know it' bla bla bla. Get a life.
    Well you clearly can't bring anything intelligent to this debate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt_Haytham)
    Well you clearly can't bring anything intelligent to this debate
    This is not a debate.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, because its not the christians or the hindus or whatever blowing up and gunning down people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.