Distinction
    Do you ever fail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Last week

Distinction
    How do you find out what you got?

ReputationRep:
    Did your link teacher tell you then? Hmm, mine hasn't spoken to me for aaaages, silly woman. Maybe it should be presumed I failed?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, it's not possible to fail the YE Exam. Did you even see the questions?

"What is a bank account?" What's OCR on? Weed? :rolleyes:

Sorry. Bit hyper today. And they're letting me do Further Maths. Oh well, Baz makes it all seem a good idea
    Yeah, it was very easy, but why hasn't she come and found me and told me what I got?!

Hehe, good girl! And guess what I had today? My first ever AS maths tutoring session !

ReputationRep:
    Woo! I asked the Head of Economics about Economics AEA. He asked me what AEA meant...

I seriously do wonder about my school at times. However, he said that I can take it if I find him a syllabus and some information on it so yay

Ellie, are you dropping anything to take up Maths?
    Lol, my school forced me into doing the AEA! Nope, Maths Economics Geog German and Bio to A2, with Critical thinking as AS, so 6 ASs and 5 A2s for me Hope I can handle it!

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I'd be killing myself about now if I were you Though Critical Thinking isn't a real subject (hell, I'm taking it - I'm allowed to insult it :rolleyes: ) so I suppose that makes life easier? I shouldn't talk, I'll have 4 A2s, 6 ASs.

Poor you though.
    Well at least it means I have the flexibility to drop a subject if it all starts getting too much, I'm fairly confident at the moment though. I actually really enjoyed starting maths today, I guess I'm weird! :rolleyes: First day back today though, bit of a shock to get up that early, and all my teachers are making me work!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Lol, my school forced me into doing the AEA! Nope, Maths Economics Geog German and Bio to A2, with Critical thinking as AS, so 6 ASs and 5 A2s for me Hope I can handle it!
    Hmmm...if you can do it, and you want to - knowledge is power after all - then fine.

BUT - multiple extra A2s are of limitted value; some top schools don't allow their students to take more than 3 A2s. I think your school is being rather silly if it is forcing you. OF course, to give you the option is fine...

Just watch out you don't swap 4 As for 3 As and 2 Bs, which is less desirable. Don't swap 3 As for 2 As and 2 Bs either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -mb-)
    Hmmm...if you can do it, and you want to - knowledge is power after all - then fine.

BUT - multiple extra A2s are of limitted value; some top schools don't allow their students to take more than 3 A2s. I think your school is being rather silly if it is forcing you. OF course, to give you the option is fine...

Just watch out you don't swap 4 As for 3 As and 2 Bs, which is less desirable. Don't swap 3 As for 2 As and 2 Bs either...
    No, no my school forced me into doing the AEA, the subjects are my choice. If it becomes too much, I'll let some go, but I'm looking forward to it at the moment, I honestly couldn't decide which of my subjects to drop.

And yeah, I might go to that deianra, though I have the land econ open day next fri, and I shouldn't be taking too much time off. Bath always struck me as quite a boring place, but I might well take a look actually!

ReputationRep:
    ooh i did YE last year..what did you all do for products?

ReputationRep:
    When I did the YE exam it was very easy, required basic business knowledge and common sense. I don't think many people fail.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I got a distinction, my link teacher had just forgotton to tell me!

ReputationRep:
    I got Distinction too. It seems no one got less...

ReputationRep:
    Here are the results for the whole of the West Midlands

Jow
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf 2004 exam results.pdf (97.1 KB, 1326 views)

ReputationRep:
    I got a merit.....but then we got to the YE national final last year (and really should have won!)

ReputationRep:
    we did do the exam last year and still got a certificate lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jow)

Jow
    noo way they show everyone your resluts? do you have southwest?

ReputationRep:
    I also have a Distinction, that's me with a Distinction in Level 2 certificate in Enterprise and a Distinction in Level 1 certificate in Word Processing.

Let's see if I can add some GCSEs to that as well

ReputationRep:
    Sharp Service should have won, in my opinion
    Woo! Go Sharp Service!! They're from my school and I've done some work for them this year (they're still going). How do you know about them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jow)

Jow
    It's interesting that the bigger companies do worse. I have always thought that 12 people was the best size for a YE company, if you have more than 16 responsibilities become over stretched; leading to diseconomies of scale and all that.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.