Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

German AS/A2 level resources Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi~
    Due to my local sixth form not offering it and me living too far from any sixth form that does offer it, i have decided to do German A level on my own. I couldn't find a distance learning, so instead i'm working by myself with occasional help from my GCSE teacher. I want to do German at Uni but it's really difficult to do by yourself.
    I was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to share any resources, to help me teach myself what i need? My weakest point is grammar, mostly verb conjugations but i'm good at comprehension.
    But any resources would be welcomed! Please and thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glumfish)
    Hi~
    Due to my local sixth form not offering it and me living too far from any sixth form that does offer it, i have decided to do German A level on my own. I couldn't find a distance learning, so instead i'm working by myself with occasional help from my GCSE teacher. I want to do German at Uni but it's really difficult to do by yourself.
    I was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to share any resources, to help me teach myself what i need? My weakest point is grammar, mostly verb conjugations but i'm good at comprehension.

Grammar is your weakest point, you say?

This book from Amazon, is the best book ever made which has amazing notes on grammar, and is packed full of translation tips and extracs for you to practice. It has lots of examples and explains them in a very clear and easyily understood way.

This is the listing on Amazon.

Also, what exam board are you doing it on? Be sure to download the specification and past papers and start going it from the very start. If you have any questions, I'm happy to help - I do German at A-Level myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glumfish)
    Hi~
    hello
    im German and love the grammar of our beautyful language . If i could help you, heres my twitter mika_waldmann there im more frequentely online. i could need some help in English, too, if you dont mind

would love to have an answer

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing the AQA examination i would highly recommend the Zeitgeist book it's full of grammar notes and comprehension exercises the only problem is that you'd have to find an owner of the teacher book / buy it yourself. Also if you find it hard to conjugate verbs perhaps try investing in 501 German verbs it's also a really good book!
    Viel Spass!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Guess im quite impotent in relating to the thread specifically, but its an fortified aspiration of mine to learn and comprehend the structure of the German language. Ive taught myself a few words (Guten tag, ich bin 17 jahre alt, ich habe drei bruder, ich spreche ein bisschen deutsch but i really want to be fluent? any help or notes i can take! pls? thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.