Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

[URGENT] Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 6 Help Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, tomorrow's the unit 6 physics exam, I was doing some past papers and I encountered upon this dilemma.. It's from the paper dated June 2013. My question is that for part 1.d), I've did a completely different method to what the marking scheme says but I think what I've did is correct. Care to check? Thanks a lot. My working is attached above.

QP: https://goo.gl/XWC9aD
    MS: https://goo.gl/Kc6x5m
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    "Adds their %U to 6900 and subtracts their %U from 7380. Draws a conclusion based on their answer"

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I had a mark scheme printed out, and for some reason it didn't get printed on.

ReputationRep:
    Btw how was the exam? It was pretty easy except the last two questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azefayuu)
    Btw how was the exam? It was pretty easy except the last two questions.
    Pretty good i think, the only one i found a bit difficult was question 2, assuming i got the rest correct!
    Can we start discussing our answers?

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember much of the answers. As soon as I walk out of the exam hall my mind goes blank -.-
    Why don't you write down whatever answers you got, I'll check with them. (if I remember any :P)

ReputationRep:
    I am also doing Edexcel IAL Physics in May/June any notes or tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamran Fazal)
    I am also doing Edexcel IAL Physics in May/June any notes or tips?
    I ain't a pro but I'll tell you some tips :P

-PAST PAPERS
    -this website (ask questions if you have a doubt, a handful of people are more than happy to help)
    -official edexcel a2 physics book
    -edexcel a2 revision guide
    -did i mention past papers?
    -www.physicsandmathstutor.com

And search up whatever relevant info you can on google (According to the spec), I've seen some stuff that I've never seen in past papers pop up in exams. Just keep studying and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azefayuu)
    I don't remember much of the answers. As soon as I walk out of the exam hall my mind goes blank -.-
    Why don't you write down whatever answers you got, I'll check with them. (if I remember any :P)
    For question 4:
    K was 17Nm^-1
    M was 1.09kg
    %D was 3.8%

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.