Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teenage girl 'made up' migrant rape claim that outraged Germany Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knapdarloch)
    If we automatically believe any person claiming to have been sexually assaulted aren't we also assuming the guilt of anyone accused of it too?
    Not at all.

If someone tells you they have been assaulted the right thing to do is be there for that person, you're only assuming the guilt of another person if your first choice of action is to hunt someone down and commit an act of violence in revenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    I find it interesting that the exact same people who constantly try to cast doubt on rape statistics are suddenly surprisingly enthusiastic to believe rape claims when it's foreign refugees accused of doing the raping.
    And on the flipside, we're seeing some who bang on about rape culture, mysoginy, who claim to be all for feminism etc yet in this case they're jumping right on this opportunity to throw rape victims under the bus. That's when they're not ignoring all the sex assaults or apologising for them of course.

In my case im consistent with my view that this influx is the last thing we need to solidify our position as a bastion of feminism and also LGBT rights and safety and freedoms. I've long expressed the view that we'd get to the stage where we'll have choose between defending and promoting the rights of women and of the LBGT community versus protecting the culture this lot are coming from as an acceptable thing in this country. I've always maintained that the former is infinitely preferable and have long argued that refusal to criticise certain cultures and people is throwing women and LGBTs under the bus. And I will continue to do so.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackSweetness)
    Doesnt suprise me,
    People will look for anything to breed hatred!
    I hope that sick young girl gets what she deserves!
    Yes a thirteen year old racist who, as shown here

(Original post by AlifunArnab)
    'Her mother told Der Spiegel magazine on Sunday that Lisa was “doing very badly” and was having treatment in a psychiatric ward.'
    had mental issues. Its not more likely she made a bad call in judgement due to personal fear of her own consequences and jumped on an issue she thought could protect her from it like when you pretend to be ill to avoid school (no I am not saying they are equivocal i am saying avoidance behaviour is universal in its application) because being a child she didnt realise what would happen.

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Like the volunteer who faked the story about the migrant who froze to death?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-to-death.html
    Never heard this story before. Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    DUH!!!! MrsSheldonCooper Told you it sounded racist.

And you were like, ohhh they should be kicked out.

I was like AS SOON as they made all this fuss and then FINALLY conveniently inserted their "appearance" with NO proof of this tragedy

FAKE. Not really attacking YOU just...remembering. You like fed into it and said horrible things about these people.

(Original post by BlackSweetness)
    Doesnt suprise me,
    People will look for anything to breed hatred!
    I hope that sick young girl gets what she deserves!
    I knew it was a lie!!! Lmao the source posted on here was so fake. I was like they have a video of the fireworks but not the very content the articles discusses? :toofunny:

Everyone on this site licked it up. Had 20 pages quick.

Now a thread saying it's a lie and crickets eh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.