The Student Room Group

Bristol or Loughborough for MSc in Finance and Management?

Hello to everyone!

I am interested in 2 MSc programmes.

1) MSc in Economics, Finance and Management at Bristol.
2)MSc in Finance and Management at Lboro.

I care mostly about the teaching staff not for the nightlife etc. I find both programmes interesting and both are exactly what I am looking for.

Which university has better teaching staff, better teaching methods and higher reputation? In some tables lboro is higher while in others bristol is higher.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
Bristol offers bloomberg suite which is really good and its programme offers economteric module while the MSc in Fin and management at lboro doesn't offer a quantitative-realted module.
Original post by ShadowXYZ

Bristol offers bloomberg suite which is really good and its programme offers economteric module while the MSc in Fin and management at lboro doesn't offer a quantitative-realted module.

This is the stuff that you really need to be concentrating on - the course content, and what really interests you. This is actually far more important than nebulous stuff like 'position on league table' (which you have already realised are unreliable and contradictory). Look at the research interests of the staff - at which of these Uni are they more aligned with your interests? Only one other thing to be aware of about Loughborough is that it is very sports orientated - this may be a plus or not depending on your extracurricular interests. If you have not actually visited both Unis, do it - or at the very least look at the Open Day films on You Tube etc.
Reply 2
Bloomberg is great but you can learn that on the job easily, it's not necessary to be familiar with it before.

As for the quantitative stuff, it depends what you want to do after your MSc and how much quant work you did in undergrad. Have you researched into requirements for the kinds of positions you might be interested in? I'd always tend to go for a course with quants over one without because I think it broadens your options, but I have no idea how set you are (or aren't) on particular types of jobs after graduation, or how much you may have done in undergrad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending