The Student Room Group

French Writing Help

Hello there, could you please help me with this...

Hows do you say:

They should at least fix the traffic (embouteillages/bottlneck?) which has been polluting the air and causing embarrassing road rages. maybe they should introcude congestion charges so that people are detered from using cars however instead will use public transport.

I would like to add the above after i say '' les municipalités ne font pas assez d’efforts pour protéger l’environnement ! '' would that make the it flow and sound like an A* for gcse?

So far i have: Le problème de ma petite ville c’est que le système de tri des déchets n’est pas respecté par conséquent la majeure partie de gens brûlent leur déchets et commuent si ce n’était pas suffisant les municipalités ne font pas assez d’efforts pour protéger l’environnement ! Ceci contribue à l’effet de serre je crois que c’est très mauvais ces gens devraient être pénalises, après tout c’est pas la mer à boire.

Thanks for the help as i do not know the words or how to form this sentence
Original post by Edmar Hadad
Hello there, could you please help me with this...

Hows do you say:

They should at least fix the traffic (embouteillages/bottlneck?) which has been polluting the air and causing embarrassing road rages. maybe they should introcude congestion charges so that people are detered from using cars however instead will use public transport.

I would like to add the above after i say '' les municipalités ne font pas assez d’efforts pour protéger l’environnement ! '' would that make the it flow and sound like an A* for gcse?

OK

So far i have: Le problème de ma petite ville c’est que le système de tri des déchets n’est pas respecté par conséquent la majeure partie de gens brûlent leur déchets et commuent si ce n’était pas suffisant les municipalités ne font pas assez d’efforts pour protéger l’environnement ! Ceci contribue à l’effet de serre je crois que c’est très mauvais ces gens devraient être pénalises, après tout c’est pas la mer à boire.

Thanks for the help as i do not know the words or how to form this sentence

la plupart des gens brulent leurs dechets ( sorry no accents) Not sure what you want to say after that.'commuent si ce n'etait pas suffisant les municipalites etc.

Need new sentence after ces gens or a link like donc. New sentence from apres tout - too.
Original post by pickup

Need new sentence after ces gens or a link like donc. New sentence from apres tout - too.

what you you mean by that ?
Reply 3
Hello !So far, this :" les municipalités ne font pas assez d’efforts pour protéger l’environnement !"Is totally correct !

For your paragraph :"Le problème de ma petite ville, c’est que le système de tri des déchets n’est pas respecté. Par conséquent, la plupart de gens brûlent leurs déchets, et la municipalité ne fait pas assez d’efforts pour protéger l’environnement ! Ceci contribue à l’effet de serre. Je crois que c’est très mauvais et que ces gens devraient être pénalisés.

"Municipality" is the equivalent of councils. There is one council per town. So the plural form is maybe not correct given the context.

And forget the "après tout ce n'est pas la mer à boire". Yes, it's an expression. But here is sounds odd (generally speaking, it sounds weird outside something like punk songs).
what you you mean by that ?

Sorry meant you need to start a new sentence at Ces gens or if you want to link the 2 sentences you need a link word . I suggested donc - so/therefore.
Original post by tf_pharm
Hello !So far, this :" les municipalités ne font pas assez d’efforts pour protéger l’environnement !"Is totally correct !

For your paragraph :"Le problème de ma petite ville, c’est que le système de tri des déchets n’est pas respecté. Par conséquent, la plupart de gens brûlent leurs déchets, et la municipalité ne fait pas assez d’efforts pour protéger l’environnement ! Ceci contribue à l’effet de serre. Je crois que c’est très mauvais et que ces gens devraient être pénalisés.

"Municipality" is the equivalent of councils. There is one council per town. So the plural form is maybe not correct given the context.

And forget the "après tout ce n'est pas la mer à boire". Yes, it's an expression. But here is sounds odd (generally speaking, it sounds weird outside something like punk songs).

at the edn you used the connective et que do you think there could be a better connective?
Reply 6
at the edn you used the connective et que do you think there could be a better connective?

If you want to add a causality between :
"Je crois que c’est très mauvais"
And
"ces gens devraient être pénalisés"
Then you can simply use "donc".

But in my opinion there is no causality there. You just add one personal statement (you think it's bad) in top of one another (and that people should pay).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending