The Student Room Group

Side effects from Rigevidon Pill?

Just a quick question, with the hope someone else has some advice for me! I've been on Rigevidon pill for a little while now after being changed from microgynon.
Within the past 8 months or so I've been having occasional bleeding after sex, it seems to be about once a month and 'maybe' around the 3rd week of taking my pill packet. I also sometimes seem to get more discharge than normal which looks a browny colour rather than clear.
I've been to the doctors twice and they've taken swabs for all STI's and bacterial infections and they've all come back normal. I am getting quite worried at what this could be, but also could this possibly be pill related? Should I ask to change pill and see if it makes a difference- but want to bother if chances of this being the cause is slim! I'm only 22 so currently don't have smear tests and the doctor didn't think I needed one. Any help or advice is appreciated, thanks.
Reply 1
Both pills have same active ingredients in the same quantities, but they are made by different manufacturers*which is why they have different names, so realistically, it shouldn't be the pill if you were fine before the change.

Have you changed your routine or anything in that time?

There's really not much I can say really as I never experienced that. Can only recommend going to your doctor and seeing what they can think of since all the tests have been fine. Say you want that smear test just in case.

Quick Reply

Latest