The Student Room Group

guy i was in love with more than a friend has cut ties because of his gf

Basically i got close to a male friend who had a girlfriend, emotionally, as his gf got jealious.. hes cut ties,
but feel shes a reason for it
Reply 1
This is the best thing for all involved. She obviously has a reason to not want you around him (if she is the reason he cut ties) and it's better for you to not be around him. The closer your friendship the more of a possibility of either you or someone else getting hurt and their relationship being ruined.
Reply 2
i dont blame her, i wouldnt want a girl hanging around my bf knowing she loves him
Tbh, this is probably for the best, espeically for you. Since he has a gf nothing was likely to happen and the fact he has cut you out prooves he doesnt care that much about you. Now you can move on.
I do think girls and guys can be friends, but often it can end up leading to more, especially if both people find each other attractive. Maybe now he has a girlfriend he doesn't need you so much anymore because she fills that emotional gap. If I was her I'd probably feel jealous of it too and wouldn't feel too happy about it, but that's probably my own issues and insecurities. He probably won't be as readily available to you anymore, even as just a friend, but I'm sure he still cares about you. :smile:
Definitely cut your ties for now. You don't want to be involved in any situation that is going to hurt him or you. You have to respect his wishes...even if you feel like his girlfriend is the driving force.

If it's not meant to be, they'll split up sooner or later...

SS
Reply 6
Well, he's not worth even being friends with if his girlfriend dictates who he get's to talk to and he's not bothered by it.
Reply 7
Thankyou great to see how you all see it, im the one whos got hurt because i got mixed messages, he really liked to flirt, so i did have the feeling he wanted more. An i guess i just was waiting it out. I would never have let it go any futher, the issue Is im well aware we are attracted to each other. I also understand his girlfriends side, the reason i waited it out. But now i hurt & he picks up their relationship. Cant help feel hard done by. But guess im an idiot for getting close to a guy in a relationship. Lost friendship is tough. I hope we get to speak again, but i do agree its best to see if they can work, without all this confusion, i guess if he comes back meant to be. But it hurts bigtime.
I can understand how you feel, it must be really hurt, but also put your self in the girlfriends' shoes, it can't be great for her either if she knows another girl is lingering about that's in love with her boyfriend. You don't want to be in a love triangle where there are 3 hearts on the line and someone is bound to get hurt. Maybe you should just tell him you have feelings for him, then it's up to him to decide who he wants to be with more. If he wants her, you should leave them to it and totally step out of the picture. And if he wants you then yay, win win!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Definately true, ive stepped out for weeks now, guess its only a matter of time to see how it goes. He knows how i feel he has known a while, i guess he also got caught up in liking the attention from another girl, maybe it boosted his ego!!. Still he seemed upset having to cut ties himself, but guess he does owe his girlfriend commitment,
Original post by secretcrush
Definately true, ive stepped out for weeks now, guess its only a matter of time to see how it goes. He knows how i feel he has known a while, i guess he also got caught up in liking the attention from another girl, maybe it boosted his ego!!. Still he seemed upset having to cut ties himself, but guess he does owe his girlfriend commitment,

Probably, that's boys for you! Well not all boys, but a lot of them! And I'm sure some girls could do that too. You'll be fine, I've been a kind of similar situation before and it hurts like hell and affects your self esteem. But in the end, you realise, you're better than that! Maybe the timing wasn't right but in the future maybe he'll come to you? Life works in mysterious ways. I'm definitely a believer of if its meant to be, it will be! Just try and focus on yourself for now and if you meet another guy then try and grab it and enjoy it to the full; go into it as if you've not been hurt (although you can always learn from every relationship what ever happened) Hope you're okay though 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hi all, im trying to be ok, guess by letting my heart rule my head for over a year on this has made it tougher, i know in many respects i shouldnt have "expected" anything to happen, with us being friends, & with him being taken.But to read the signs... an keeping a distance, turning other guys down.. he knew.. & i know he was flattered by it.Of course i feel bad for having fallen for this one.But i know even though he has cut off to keep the peace, & to make a commited go without distractions that could cause a rift between them both. I do think he has done the right thing, to cut me out from all communication, as he is trying his best to be commited to his girl. Ive no idea how things are with him or her, but still feel there was a big chemistry there with us both. I guess if you love something let it go, if it comes back to you it was meant to be... guess im living by these words right now,
Aww try not to feel guilty over it, you can't help who you fall for. Like you said, he probably liked having the attention. You never know, maybe they won't last. Just don't wait around for him because you don't want to deny yourself the chance to fall for someone again. Which you can and will! You never know what's around the corner. 😘

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending