The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

PGDIP ADULT NURSING APL!!! Help SEPT 2016 entry

Hey guy i have a condition offer after completion of the APL and the life science handbook. th ehand book seems pretty straight forward but what the heck do i do for the APL i have tried google but its pretty useless has anyone done this before could you offer me any help or sense of direction???!

Scroll to see replies

What is an apl?
London
Reply 2
Original post by ReaErin
Hey guy i have a condition offer after completion of the APL and the life science handbook. th ehand book seems pretty straight forward but what the heck do i do for the APL i have tried google but its pretty useless has anyone done this before could you offer me any help or sense of direction???!

I've stared at the APL form for an hour, and have no idea. I'm going to one of the workshops they do, I should think that's your best bet too!
Reply 3
Yh I have to do the science work book too because my first degree didn't have any biology modules.
Reply 4
How is APL going?
Reply 5
It's going ok ...I went to one of the workshops so my questions were answered. If you haven't been to one definately go I'm going to send a draft copy
Reply 6
Earliest workshop is in April, but I am attending 😁. When is the deadline for yours?
Original post by Agbeks
Hi, I got an unconditional for Pgdip children's nursing but I don't know where to start from with the APL. Do u have to do the work book of science?

Congrats! How long did it take to hear back from LSBU? I had my interview 11-03 and still waiting.
Reply 8
Original post by Walkbyfaith
Congrats! How long did it take to hear back from LSBU? I had my interview 11-03 and still waiting.

It took about 5 days but for some other people it took 2 weeks. How was the interview?
Original post by Agbeks
It took about 5 days but for some other people it took 2 weeks. How was the interview?

Thanks, for some reason I wasn't nervous. But just not sure if they like what was coming out of my mouth. I only had a chance to tell one of the interviewer I just gained a Degree in human biology at LSBU and I don't think the scenario questions helped me sell myself. 5min was not enough to write the short essay question.
[QUOTE="Agbeks;63478039"]
Thanks, for some reason I wasn't nervous. But just not sure if they like what was coming out of my mouth. I only had a chance to tell one of the interviewer I just gained a Degree in human biology at LSBU and I don't think the scenario questions helped me sell myself. 5min was not enough to write the short essay question.[/QUOTE
It's good that you had the chance to tell the interviewer about your degree. What branch did you apply for?
. Adult nursing
Reply 11
[QUOTE="Walkbyfaith;63478179"]
Original post by Agbeks
. Adult nursing

You can inbox me if you hear any news. I am sure you are in 😁.
[QUOTE="Agbeks;63478399"]

You can inbox me if you hear any news. I am sure you are in 😁.

Sure! Fingers crossed 😉
Reply 13
Original post by ReaErin
It's going ok ...I went to one of the workshops so my questions were answered. If you haven't been to one definately go I'm going to send a draft copy

Hiya I'm doing my APL at the moment too. Have you send yours off yet? I've booked in for a workshop but it's not until June as I couldn't make the earlier dates because of my exams!

I've managed to get all the skills signed off but for the writing part, do we literally just have to say which module helped and write a bit about how? The programme leader sent me the example they've been using in the workshops but it seems very brief?

Do you know how long they take to get back to you with a decision? I won't be awarded my final transcript until July so I hope I don't have to wait till then for a decision!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hi guys, what are we meant to do with this APL of a thing. I don't really understand it. Am starting my PGDIP Adult Nursing this Sept
Reply 15
Hi All

I have an interview for PGDip Nursing in June but I just wanted to check something... do you only start your APL once you have been offered a place?

As you say ReaErin google is not great for info on the subject!!

Thanks
Reply 16
Am not sure as I don't understand what am meant to do in the APL. I just need a little tip on how to do that.
Reply 17
Hi! I have been offered a place for LSBU on the basis of completing an APL. Can someone please tell me what it is?!
Reply 18
Hey guys, I'm the same as h.mcdaid - Just received the offer through for PgDip Children's Nursing but as i've not formally accepted it on UCAS yet, I can't get any info about the APL and life sciences workbook that I need to do as my first degree didn't include any science modules.

Can anyone give any instructions or private message me the handbook if LSBU emailed it over? Would be amazing to get a super head start as we dont have much longer until the course start and I also have a full time job that i'll need to give my notice in for, so I need to get it in asap :smile:

On another note, I'm so nervous but excited at the same time :smile: What has everyone else got an offer for? Any other PgDip Childrens?
H.mcdaid

Congratulations on your offer, I've just completed my APL portfolio and have been given an official offer. The APL portfolio is for the university to check that you are able to actually complete the course in the 2 years rather then the 3 years you would need for undergraduate.

It can seem daunting, but all you need to do is prove your degree certificate, degree transcript, CV, complete the life science work book, which covers the basics of human biology, and if your first degree was more then 5 years ago you will need to send a supporting personal statement to show how your degree has been helpful since you've left. Anything extra, the advisor they give you will help you through it.

Try not to panick, there success rate for passing APL is really good. Plus they have workshops to help you through it

Quick Reply

Latest