Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vocaroo Your Voice Watch

Announcements

Why, oh why, did you not play both Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter films and Cassie from Skins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)

Now I'm wondering what you guys sound like irl
    Fairly normal I hope It is said to sound quite posh and annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    I'm sure you don't sound annoying lol

ReputationRep:
    lmaooo that's probably why :rofl:
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s1kqO8nfc7Mn

Don't know why I spoke about introductions though

Can you hear it okay?

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s1kqO8nfc7Mn

Don't know why I spoke about introductions though

Can you hear it okay?
    That sounds as though it was recorded with Edison's first ever phonograph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    That sounds as though it was recorded with Edison's first ever phonograph.
    I just realised why it was so sh*t- I had some cellotape covering the microphone because my mac charger is dogsh*t.

Here it is again:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s13KlHDzjRjx

Spoiler:
    Show
    And yes I did just get a parking fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    that was amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised why it was so sh*t- I had some cellotape covering the microphone because my mac charger is dogsh*t.

Here it is again:

Yeah but what is your real-life voice like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_law)
    Yeah but what is your real-life voice like?
    Pretty similar. Whenever I'm recording myself I do go into a 'phone voice' sort of mode but it's not profoundly different from real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    I'm sure you don't sound annoying lol
    I actually do I heard my voice played back on a recording of a presentation I gave in class and it made me cringe a bit

ReputationRep:

Here it is again:

Spoiler:
    Show
    And yes I did just get a parking fine
    Are you in Oxbridge by any chance? You have such a crisp voice

It can't be worse then mine, if I try to say a lot of things at once I occasionally slip into this odd Scottish sounding accent :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Pretty similar. Whenever I'm recording myself I do go into a 'phone voice' sort of mode but it's not profoundly different from real life.
    This raises another question. How often are you … recording yourself?

The rain in Spain voice ain't legit and even Kevin from EDF knows that.

ReputationRep:
    I actually do I heard my voice played back on a recording of a presentation I gave in class and it made me cringe a bit
    Doesn't everyone cringe at their own voice though? I hate hearing recordings of my self

ReputationRep:
    Are you in Oxbridge by any chance? You have such a crisp voice
    It can't be worse then mine, if I try to say a lot of things at once I occasionally slip into this odd Scottish sounding accent :lol:
    Lol have you SEEN my blog posts on my university howlers? I went to Oxford but dropped out because I didn't enjoy it and went to Bath instead and loved life. You can find out more about it if you want I will pm you the blog link on TSR.

I used to have a really broad farmers accent and my family still do, but I started waitressing in posh restaurants during secondary school, and I think this meant that I enunciated very well.

I sound quite posh and people make assumptions based on that a lot which I find funny- assuming I'm loaded or something ... I wish!

ReputationRep:
    This raises another question. How often are you … recording yourself?

The rain in Spain voice ain't legit and even Kevin from EDF knows that.
    hahaha, not that often but I'm on the phone a lot and I recognise the difference in my voice from that.

also recently done a couple of video interviews for law applications and hear myself speaking back as I record the answer on top of the video software doing it, so I know my voice sounds like my phone voice

ReputationRep:
    hahaha, not that often but I'm on the phone a lot and I recognise the difference in my voice from that.

also recently done a couple of video interviews for law applications and hear myself speaking back as I record the answer on top of the video software doing it, so I know my voice sounds like my phone voice
    Well law apps are quite formal affairs! Have you ever recorded yourself talking to Wendy on checkouts at Tesco?

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't everyone cringe at their own voice though? I hate hearing recordings of my self
    Haha yeah I guess so and me too, I never realised how pretentious I sounded

ReputationRep:
    That would be hilarious I tend to laugh at quite a lot so no one can really understand me when I'm off on one

ReputationRep:
    Well law apps are quite formal affairs! Have you ever recorded yourself talking to Wendy on checkouts at Tesco?
    ummm no? Are you basically asking me for a recording of my non-phone voice voice?

ReputationRep:
    ummm no? Are you basically asking me for a recording of my non-phone voice voice?
    No, I am just saying it would be helpful to the thread. That's all I care about: the health of the thread.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.