Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

John Terry to leave Chelsea Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    That was easier than I thought.

:fishing:
    So posting a picture means that I've been baited now does it?

#weakstandards
    #weakbaitgame
    #blessed
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    So posting a picture means that I've been baited now does it?

#weakstandards
    #weakbaitgame
    #blessed
    You taking the time to write that definitely does.

Let's not kid ourselves though King would still be England's best defender now if he had 2 knees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    so what is wrong with celebrating a tournament he won
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. The implication was merely that I found it funny, as did many other people. Hence the memes and the jokes that followed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    No but you taking the time to write that does.
    So there's a mod intentionally trying to troll?

#reported
    #banhammer
    #salty
    #hashtag
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I think the most impressive thing about Terry - and I'm by no means a fan - has been his ability to be omniscient for Chelsea in a time of financial, footballing and political change.

Gerrard was the same at Liverpool and Scholes/Giggs at United, but neither transcended two very different contrasting eras.

JT was a part of the old Chelsea, but managed to transcend into the modern uber-rich Abramovich model with ease - all while the owner and varying managers were trying to radically overhaul the squad and buy players as if football was one big game of Championship Manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    He's overrated. He'll never live down the racism, or indeed putting on a shirt and getting in on the celebrations when his team won despite not playing the game itself.
    This happens all the time btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    I know.

ReputationRep:
    The man embodied everything about Chelsea; classless, racist, full kit ******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Shorts, shin pads, boots and socks as well?

If I remember correctly, Keane and Scholes went on in their suits after '99.

Please provide another example of a player getting changed into full kit inc. shin pads to celebrate winning a match they didn't play in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)

Please provide another example of a player getting changed into full kit inc. shin pads to celebrate winning a match they didn't play in.
    Ramires, Ivanovic, Meiereless in Munich

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Ramires, Ivanovic, Meiereless in Munich
    Is this just a Chelsea thing then?

ReputationRep:

He said "put on a shirt and getting in on the celebrations". That happens all the time. Putting on the rest of the kit is a bit weird yeah. Although

Thomas Vermaelen didn't play a single second of Barcelona's CL campaign but there he is in his kit. Slightly to the left of the cup and Messi you can see a gap and a pair of legs, which look like they could possibly be wearing shin pads, and could belong to Vermaelen. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Is this just a Chelsea thing then?
    Let's be honest the only reason that was made such a big deal out of was because it was John Terry. I remember there were people at the time saying he shouldn't be allowed to lift the trophy because he was suspended for the final, despite being club captain.

ReputationRep:
    I think because of his antics in the semi final trying his best to get Chelsea knocked out a big deal was made of it after. I personally don't agree with it but you can see why he did it, no one wants to look back 20 years later and see a picture of yourself holding the Champions League, a once in a lifetime trophy, and Chelsea's first, in a suit.

ReputationRep:
    The club ordered him to get into full kit anyway ffs.

ReputationRep:
    The irony of this is if any Arsenal player did after winning a trophy when not playing, shed would be the first to shout "nonce", it isn't even up for debate. Being completely honest kids will look back and think he played , everyone else who was alive and has a functioning memory will look back and go "why the **** are you in kit, when you've spent the past 2 hours ****ing your teammates wives while your teammates won a trophy?"

Edit: omfg just looked it up and Vermalen did go full kit ****** after not playing 1 second of cl football. What a ****ing nonce no wonder we sold that cripple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    The irony of this is if any Arsenal player did after winning a trophy when not playing, shed would be the first to shout "nonce", it isn't even up for debate. Being completely honest kids will look back and think he played , everyone else who was alive and has a functioning memory will look back and go "why the **** are you in kit, when you've spent the past 2 hours ****ing your teammates wives while your teammates won a trophy?"

Edit: omfg just looked it up and Vermalen did go full kit ****** after not playing 1 second of cl football. What a ****ing nonce no wonder we sold that cripple
    Except I wouldn't and I've said so many times. Really not sure what you're obsession with me is
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if any of this relates to Chelsea knowing who their new manager coming in is, and them making it clear they don't have JT in their plans. Like the Gerrard situation, and Lampard situation, this could have been dealt with better.

ReputationRep:
    Reckon he'll join UKIP tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    The man embodied everything about Chelsea; classless, racist, full kit ******
    Not to mention getting a few managers sacked. Chelsea are well rid now his legs have gone, he would only have undermined the next manager. (And of course Roman knows that better than anyone.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.