Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you know where your parents met? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At either a nightclub or a bar

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    Hmm, that's encouraging! Fair enough, though!
    On reflection, I'm almost certain what I was told was exaggerated. Some people are unhappy there, but there are others that really enjoy it - it depends on the person. You'll find that with all universities - I felt that was the case for me, you seem to really want to go so I'm certain that won't be the case for you.

You'll have the great time you deserve. :yep:

My application has progressed to the "point of no return" in that I'm just waiting for them to send me an offer and place me in a college :dance:
    Congrats! I don't think anyone doubted you'd get in, though! :yep:

So, do you not know which college you'll be placed in? Any preferences?

You're too kind! :hugs:
    Nothing more than you deserve.

What a deep thought!
    I'm just a very deep person. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    They were friends at a youth club when they were like 15, got together then, dad moved away, they split, then got back together a couple years later and have now been happily married for 20 years this year

It's a cute story really :cute:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    On reflection, I'm almost certain what I was told was exaggerated. Some people are unhappy there, but there are others that really enjoy it - it depends on the person. You'll find that with all universities - I felt that was the case for me, you seem to really want to go so I'm certain that won't be the case for you.

You'll have the great time you deserve. :yep:
    Ah, I do see where you're coming from.

I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it since I basically love everything about the university!

Congrats! I don't think anyone doubted you'd get in, though! :yep:

So, do you not know which college you'll be placed in? Any preferences?
    Thank you!

No; for postgraduate study, they don't tend to make a decision on that until after they've made you an offer I stated Trinity and King's as my two preferences, but I guess it's wishful thinking since they both tend to be oversubscribed. We'll see what happens

I'm just a very deep person. :cool:
    :yep:

Ah, I do see where you're coming from.

I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it since I basically love everything about the university!
    That's all that matters.

Have to admit, it has stunning architecture - I'm sad I didn't apply for the oppotunity to be around them.

Thank you!

No; for postgraduate study, they don't tend to make a decision on that until after they've made you an offer I stated Trinity and King's as my two preferences, but I guess it's wishful thinking since they both tend to be oversubscribed. We'll see what happens
    Cambridge itself is massively oversubscribed and you've got this far. Have faith! You'll end up where you're meant to be. :yep:

That's interesting, though - I wonder why the postgrad system works like that! Is it because they give priority to undergrads?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)

Hmmm I should probably stay within STEM in that case. Not going near mathmos though :rofl:
    A NatSci----NatSci permanent dipole-dipole attraction...

Oh gosh I need to meet my offer!
    What's wrong with being a mathmo? :cry2:

But in that case you'll have plenty to choose from since the NatSci intake is like 600

Hope I do, I'll see how my mocks have gone and that'll be a good indicator on where I need to next :yep:
    You will, and that sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Over the phone, my mum was trying to call her friend who was actually my Dad's flatmate at uni and my dad answered

ReputationRep:
    eternaforest you seen this one?

ReputationRep:
    Mine had a arranged marriage met each other in a restaurant with their respective parents present.

What's wrong with being a mathmo? :cry2:

But in that case you'll have plenty to choose from since the NatSci intake is like 600
    Everything :teehee: Only messing. Anyone fun, engaging in debate (without taking it seriously) and respectful of my career ambitions is all I want (the last thing is a pretty tall order for many guys from my background tbh )

Haha, 600 people...

ReputationRep:
    At the club sadly.

ReputationRep:
    No idea, my mum won't tell me who my dad is!

ReputationRep:
    My parents met in Venice

I absolutely love going there every year <3
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Everything :teehee: Only messing. Anyone fun, engaging in debate (without taking it seriously) and respectful of my career ambitions is all I want (the last thing is a pretty tall order for many guys from my background tbh )

Haha, 600 people...
    Well it looks as though some people would rather live in a society that champions social inequality and oppression :unimpressed:

But you should settle for no less! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge University. My mum's cousin shared digs with my Dad.

Well it looks as though some people would rather live in a society that champions social inequality and oppression :unimpressed:

But you should settle for no less! :yep:
    Apparently my place is barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen
    Nah, there's nice guys out there too, but they're all medics and I don't want to be with a medic because I'll rarely spend time with them

I'll see how things go. Hopefully something's waiting at uni
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nah, there's nice guys out there too, but they're all medics and I don't want to be with a medic because I'll rarely spend time with them

I'm definitely not gonna be a medic probably be a computer programmer, in which case I'd be able to do a lot of work from home

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Andy98)
    I'm definitely not gonna be a medic probably be a computer programmer, in which case I'd be able to do a lot of work from home

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does that mean you'll be able to recieve me every evening with a nice dinner after my stressful day in the lab?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Does that mean you'll be able to recieve me every evening with a nice dinner after my stressful day in the lab?
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

You deserve a lot more than that. :yep: What outdated views to hold.

I have no doubt you'll find that - great people attract great people, no?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.