The Student Room Group

I have an assessment tomorrow

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EtherealNymph22
Completely true on the second paragraph. Then I think it's not actually that you are incapable but it's a psychological thing. You're convinced you definitely won't remember anything and you're anxious about it and that gives you the brain paralysed feeling.

Maybe just trying not to care about it as much might help? Like when you haven't done enough prep just be like well I'm gonna fail this might as well write some stuff down and don't get worked up? Idk I'm just throwing out suggestions. :/

I'm trying :/
Original post by SophieSmall
I'm trying :/

Keep trying. And use how you feel now to motivate yourself to be more prepared for other stuff.

And realise right now that 30% on one module isn't the be all and end all, though it is important. But just to calm your anxiety about this particular situation in the short term tell yourself it doesn't matter.

It only matters if you do this for everything as then you're not gonna end up doing very well....:smile:
Original post by EtherealNymph22
Keep trying. And use how you feel now to motivate yourself to be more prepared for other stuff.

And realise right now that 30% on one module isn't the be all and end all, though it is important. But just to calm your anxiety about this particular situation in the short term tell yourself it doesn't matter.

It only matters if you do this for everything as then you're not gonna end up doing very well....:smile:

Well I do need to do well in this since otherwise the exam in may is high pressure, so I can't really see it that way at all.

I'm not doing very well regardless of what approach I take.
...which I will almost certainly fail or get a bad mark in.

Hey kids stay in school or you'll end up like me.

But seriously ugh. Only found out I had this assessment a few days ago because it was really unclear when it would be and the groupings. And since I've been quite ill recently I missed quite a few of the assessment specific lectures and so now I'm just sat in my room trying to revise the **** out of this but literally nothing is sticking in my puny brain.

:frown: sad face. Lesson of the day, if you're in uni or are going to go to uni, be better than me.

Stick at it and something will go in..trust me.

diagrams...one page summaries....test yourself...nakedness..it all come together.

also get yourself some classmates yeh can fb msg if yeh miss classes again and are lost.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Stick at it and something will go in..trust me.

diagrams...one page summaries....test yourself...nakedness..it all come together.

also get yourself some classmates yeh can fb msg if yeh miss classes again and are lost.

Yeah people always say it'll be fine in the end, but it's just something we tell people to make them feel better. It might not go in.

Been working on flash cards for hours.

I have classmates to message, they're just not great at being helpful sometimes.
Yeah people always say it'll be fine in the end, but it's just something we tell people to make them feel better. It might not go in.

Been working on flash cards for hours.

I have classmates to message, they're just not great at being helpful sometimes.

oh I know it feels like that Sophie.but im no ********ter, stick at it and something will go in.

great. I find a4 page summaries great personally. diagrams are also highly attractive.

hmmm....find better ones...kindve important ..
Original post by trustmeimlying1
oh I know it feels like that Sophie.but im no ********ter, stick at it and something will go in.

great. I find a4 page summaries great personally. diagrams are also highly attractive.

hmmm....find better ones...kindve important ..

Nah sometimes it really just doesn't.

yeah, working on it.
Nah sometimes it really just doesn't.

yeah, working on it.

ive been there mentally and I know yeh cant see it. but keep at it. thats all I gotta say. I know.

good gal.

best of luck bud x

Quick Reply

Latest