The Student Room Group

23 And Still Don't Know What To Do About Uni!

Before I start, I'm just looking for some general guidance regarding this situation and not necessarily looking for an outright solution.

I'm 23 years old and still have no idea what I want to do in terms of a career. I've always enjoyed creativity and doing things unconventionally and my A-Levels reflected this as they were made up of creative subjects.

I'm incredibly scared of choosing a set path as this obviously narrows down my future choices, especially since I'm not one of those people who can totally commit to something that they've always known they want to do.

I have a broad range of interests from sports, gaming, travel and digital arts such as photography. However, I really do believe in academia and was thinking of potentially going to do a broad degree such as English or Creative Writing.

Any thoughts or guidance on this would be extremely helpful. I really wish I was one of those people who just knew what I wanted to do, but I don't and it's gotten to the stage now where time's getting on and it's seriously stressful!
Reply 1
Original post by tsrdann
Before I start, I'm just looking for some general guidance regarding this situation and not necessarily looking for an outright solution.

I'm 23 years old and still have no idea what I want to do in terms of a career. I've always enjoyed creativity and doing things unconventionally and my A-Levels reflected this as they were made up of creative subjects.

I'm incredibly scared of choosing a set path as this obviously narrows down my future choices, especially since I'm not one of those people who can totally commit to something that they've always known they want to do.

I have a broad range of interests from sports, gaming, travel and digital arts such as photography. However, I really do believe in academia and was thinking of potentially going to do a broad degree such as English or Creative Writing.

Any thoughts or guidance on this would be extremely helpful. I really wish I was one of those people who just knew what I wanted to do, but I don't and it's gotten to the stage now where time's getting on and it's seriously stressful!

I'm exactly the same! I'll be 22 when I start Uni and will hopefully be studying Creative Writing at Sheffield Hallam.

Just hope I can commit to it! Ha.

Quick Reply

Latest