Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I haven't found a thread for this paper for 2016:

"RST4C - Religious Authority OR Ways of Moral Decision-Making OR Ways of Reading and Understanding Scripture: Question paper"

Therefore, I've made one myself. I am studying 'Ways of moral decisions' anyone else?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this.

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses.

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying ways of moral decision making too! Are you doing business or medical ethics?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please clarify how you would structure a 45 mark essay?

ReputationRep:
    im doing medical ethics. Can i just clarify something? We are either going to get a question on religion and their approaches to moral decision making or ethical systems/hybrid aren't we?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any predictions? and which question is everyone thinking of doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kings_queens)
    im doing medical ethics. Can i just clarify something? We are either going to get a question on religion and their approaches to moral decision making or ethical systems/hybrid aren't we?
    I thought we get both and you choose which to answer? D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uw0tm8_)
    I thought we get both and you choose which to answer? D:
    oh yeah sorry that's what i meant. What i wanted to say was its definitely those two, they don't interlink? so it's either one or the other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kings_queens)
    oh yeah sorry that's what i meant. What i wanted to say was its definitely those two, they don't interlink? so it's either one or the other?
    yeahhh, what structure would you use?

ReputationRep:
    im doing this exam and im not sure whether im going to choose the religious question or the ethical systems one yet, and im so confused on how to structure the essay as well as using examples.

ReputationRep:
    Generally, I find it is easier to answer the ethical systems one as you can take each one in turn and apply examples. I don't actually know HOW to write an essay as its my only essay subject but I just write everything I know and hope for the best which has worked for me in the past

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing ethical issues... How is everyone revising?

I've planned 3-4 potential essay questions that might come up and I am trying to memorise them !

For the 30 mark, I need to start learning the strengths and weaknesses of deontological, teleological and hybrid systems/

Also, how many areas of medical research will everyone discuss in the 45 mark if you choose ethical systems...I am discussing 2

ReputationRep:
    What do you think counts as a medical ethic? I am at a bit of a loss as I don't want to include something that isn't. For example, do contraception and abortion count? Do transfusions as its not really an issue except for Jehovah's witness?

ReputationRep:
    OMG! finally, a thread that talks about one of my exams

I'm doing this paper as well, and I will definitely do the ethical questions.
    I think it may be a teleological question this year or they may ask a general question of major ethical issues like they did in 2011.

I am crapping myself for this paper because in two mocks that I've done I always get 53 which is two marks off a B, and I really need to get that B. I'm just so confused as to how to what it is I'm supposed to be analysing and writing about...

applying the ethical system to the medical issue and arriving at an answer?
    or
    How the system is used (I usually try to talk about how it is used but I end up explaining the ethical theories rather than talking concisely about how it's used with the medical issue)
    If anybody has a good structure of what to write, pls pls pls, if you wouldn't mind sharing Or if you have written a really good essay previously and wouldn't mind sharing it with me.

I've read through exemplars and from what I can tell, 2 medical issues is a good bet. I'm doing Human Embryo Research and possibly Animal testing or genetic engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehaan)
    What do you think counts as a medical ethic? I am at a bit of a loss as I don't want to include something that isn't. For example, do contraception and abortion count? Do transfusions as its not really an issue except for Jehovah's witness?
    I think contraception would come under one of the issues of abortion. I've read some examiner reports and they tend to say that the weaker answers limit themselves to abortion and euthanasia. There are loads of medical issues/examples you can talk about:

Designer babies
    therapeutic cloning
    embryonic stem cells
    genetic engineering
    clinical trials
    development of medical resources
    mitochondrial replacement
    etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaotic.school)
    I think contraception would come under one of the issues of abortion. I've read some examiner reports and they tend to say that the weaker answers limit themselves to abortion and euthanasia. There are loads of medical issues/examples you can talk about:

Designer babies
    therapeutic cloning
    embryonic stem cells
    genetic engineering
    clinical trials
    development of medical resources
    mitochondrial replacement
    etc.
    Thanks!
    I have to say that my favourite medical ethic to talk about is CRiSPR-Cas9 as the developments are limitless!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrybanana)
    I'm doing ethical issues... How is everyone revising?

I've planned 3-4 potential essay questions that might come up and I am trying to memorise them !

For the 30 mark, I need to start learning the strengths and weaknesses of deontological, teleological and hybrid systems/

Also, how many areas of medical research will everyone discuss in the 45 mark if you choose ethical systems...I am discussing 2
    If you don't mind can you share your essay plans please? I'm so stuck on how to structure 😭

ReputationRep:
    How are the marks allocated because i did my first exam and i was wondering if they are worth the same amount of mark on my overall alevel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saleh ahmed)
    How are the marks allocated because i did my first exam and i was wondering if they are worth the same amount of mark on my overall alevel.
    Each paper is 25% of the overall A-Level, at least that's what the spec says!

ReputationRep:
    Guys i am in big trouble here in my first test i dobt except anything over a d. And i need a b i have no idea i could possible cram revise and what teckniques to use could someone help my last test is on tuesday i am about to cry here someone HELP

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 21, 2017

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.