Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edinburgh Uni English PGDE 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Just wondering if anyone has been interviewed by Edinburgh uni regarding their application for PGDE English teaching? I have my interview soon and any tips/help would be amazing!

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Last week I had an interview at UEA in Norwich and was offered a place for Secondary English. I know you were asking for tips for Edinburgh but since no one has replied thought I'd give you tips based off my interview! First thing we did was a group discussion about what we thought was unique about being an English teacher, went on for about 5/10 minutes and I think was just to assess how well we speak to colleagues. Secondly we were given a poem to analyse and roughly plan some lesson activities around, they didn't expect anything too professional just general ideas of how you would tackle it - I would suggest brushing up on basic poetic devices and stuff like that as I felt a bit lost here but managed to wing it. Thirdly we had the on-on-one interviews, pretty standard questions here like you can find on google, one that did throw me though was he asked about any bad lessons I observed in school experience, my tip would be to have in your head examples of at least one good and bad lesson you saw and be ready to talk about them. Finally we had a written assessment which asked how can teachers be good learning role models, as far as i'm aware this was just to assess how well you write and to check you can form sentences etc, the content didn't seem important (I rambled on making no sense and making really cliché points and still got offered a place).

Hope that helps! good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelsarahh)
    Hey!

Just wondering if anyone has been interviewed by Edinburgh uni regarding their application for PGDE English teaching? I have my interview soon and any tips/help would be amazing!

Thank you!
    Did you get it? I just accepted my place and looking forward to chatting with some people who will be on the course!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.