username1559803
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I was looking at one of the A2 Law modules for WJEC and the A* boundry last year was 92%. I thought that it was consistently 90% for an A*.

Is this common?
Mostly_Crazy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends whether you're looking at raw marks or UMS. For UMS it should always be 90% average across your A2 units (except maths, where it's 90% across C3 and C4). I'm guessing that's the raw mark boundary?
RoadtoSuccess
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hudamh)
Hi, I was looking at one of the A2 Law modules for WJEC and the A* boundry last year was 92%. I thought that it was consistently 90% for an A*.

Is this common?
its a number game it doesnt have to be 90% if you smashed your AS and got like 90+ UMS then there is a chance of getting a total divergence number to claim that A*. This is the choice of steinsgate
I'll have you know the organisation is not on to us so that is why i decided to give you this information, in regards to your quest for the A*.

Let this be called operation Star A
Enjoy
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mostly_Crazy)
Depends whether you're looking at raw marks or UMS. For UMS it should always be 90% average across your A2 units (except maths, where it's 90% across C3 and C4). I'm guessing that's the raw mark boundary?
This. The 90% average at A2 applies to the UMS and not the raw marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
James Milibanter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RoadtoSuccess)
its a number game it doesnt have to be 90% if you smashed your AS and got like 90+ UMS then there is a chance of getting a total divergence number to claim that A*. This is the choice of steinsgate
I'll have you know the organisation is not on to us so that is why i decided to give you this information, in regards to your quest for the A*.

Let this be called operation Star A
Enjoy
Steins;Gate was so emotional
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)
Steins;Gate was so emotional
omg ikr ;D i always try to imitate Okube at school and stuff! And then when it comes to games i attempt to be like Kirito
James Milibanter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RoadtoSuccess)
omg ikr ;D i always try to imitate Okube at school and stuff! And then when it comes to games i attempt to be like Kirito
I always give anything that I do an arbitrary version. Washing machine protocol v. 12-43c
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)
I always give anything that I do an arbitrary version. Washing machine protocol v. 12-43c
:'D
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hudamh)

Is this common?
For an A* you need at least 80% UMS on average and at least 90% UMS in the A2 units. The raw to UMS conversion could mean that you needed less than 70% or 95% of the raw marks to get 90% UMS. It all depends on how hard the paper is.

(I've just checked last summer's WJEC Law 4 and you needed 69/75 raw marks to 108/120 UMS in that paper. https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/)
Mac.Doll
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For OCR you'd need certain amount of UMS at A2 to get A* overall
Mostly_Crazy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mac.Doll)
90% - and it's the same for all exam boards, actually. 80% overall, 90% at A2.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mac.Doll)
Yes, 180/200 for 4 unit A levels and 270/300 for 6 unit A levels, i.e. 90%.
username1559803
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
For an A* you need at least 80% UMS on average and at least 90% UMS in the A2 units. The raw to UMS conversion could mean that you needed less than 70% or 95% of the raw marks to get 90% UMS. It all depends on how hard the paper is.

(I've just checked last summer's WJEC Law 4 and you needed 69/75 raw marks to 108/120 UMS in that paper. https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/)
Thank you very much, that was helpful. Yes, it was actually that module that I was referring to.
SubwayLover1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In unit 4 biology (AQA), it was 59/75 for an A*, which is 80%?

Also, in AQA Geography it was 60/90 for an A*?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads