Revision tips

Watch this thread
Anon113
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm currently doing A2 RE, biology and psychology, and retaking both AS biology exams, first exam for psychology and ethics paper for RE.

Anyway, mocks are coming up in 3-4 weeks and I've been revising but I feel I can't recall any of it, and from the end of term tests I've been revising a few days before to stay in short term memory, fully knowing any revision before would be useless as I won't be able to recall it, I just used to take notes and do some past paper question, but I can't do a whole past paper unless it's a mock at school cause I get distracted easily, so what I've done is put them on flash cards and when they're done, just keep reading them and do past paper questions at the same time... But I haven't finished my flash cards yet so I don't know if this will help get the information into my Long-term memory!

I don't know if it's cause I'm stressing myself about this or if i generally have no recollection of it and just keep having to go over it in notes to re-jog my memory...

So any advice for things you've done to get information into your long term memory or to get out of the situation im in? Cause it's annoying as hell and obviously it's necessary as I can't keep doing last minute revision as a way of knowing things for my exams!

p.s. I have been revising quite a bit, it's not like I leave everything to the last minute on purpose,that's my only method I know right now, well obviously and the flash cards but I haven't yet done that, once I finish all of them for the topics that are being covered in the mock, then I will re read through them all and try to recall the information correcrly out loud

Thanks in advance! oh and I'm only doing mocks for my A2 exams, not AS
RoadtoSuccess
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anon113)
I'm currently doing A2 RE, biology and psychology, and retaking both AS biology exams, first exam for psychology and ethics paper for RE.

Anyway, mocks are coming up in 3-4 weeks and I've been revising but I feel I can't recall any of it, and from the end of term tests I've been revising a few days before to stay in short term memory, fully knowing any revision before would be useless as I won't be able to recall it, I just used to take notes and do some past paper question, but I can't do a whole past paper unless it's a mock at school cause I get distracted easily, so what I've done is put them on flash cards and when they're done, just keep reading them and do past paper questions at the same time... But I haven't finished my flash cards yet so I don't know if this will help get the information into my Long-term memory!

I don't know if it's cause I'm stressing myself about this or if i generally have no recollection of it and just keep having to go over it in notes to re-jog my memory...

So any advice for things you've done to get information into your long term memory or to get out of the situation im in? Cause it's annoying as hell and obviously it's necessary as I can't keep doing last minute revision as a way of knowing things for my exams!

p.s. I have been revising quite a bit, it's not like I leave everything to the last minute on purpose,that's my only method I know right now, well obviously and the flash cards but I haven't yet done that, once I finish all of them for the topics that are being covered in the mock, then I will re read through them all and try to recall the information correcrly out loud

Thanks in advance! oh and I'm only doing mocks for my A2 exams, not AS
Make notes colour coding them it really helps you remember them, do A LOT OF PAST PAPERS because most questions come up over and over again!

thats it and most of all BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
Anon113
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by RoadtoSuccess)
Make notes colour coding them it really helps you remember them, do A LOT OF PAST PAPERS because most questions come up over and over again!

thats it and most of all BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
See, I get confused... How do I colour code them? Cause what I'm doing on the flash cards is doing bullet points and writing the key word or the key term in a certain colour, then the next sentence that I'm writing down from the paragraph, if it's connected I do this "-" underneath that bullet point and still do it on the next colour, only moving on to the next bullet point if it's a whole new pint and using a different colour!

And thank you! I'll start doing loads of practise paper exam questions after my flash cards and I will try! Thank you so much
RoadtoSuccess
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anon113)
See, I get confused... How do I colour code them? Cause what I'm doing on the flash cards is doing bullet points and writing the key word or the key term in a certain colour, then the next sentence that I'm writing down from the paragraph, if it's connected I do this "-" underneath that bullet point and still do it on the next colour, only moving on to the next bullet point if it's a whole new pint and using a different colour!

And thank you! I'll start doing loads of practise paper exam questions after my flash cards and I will try! Thank you so much
no problem that is what I (the mad scientist) am for, to help others I'll give you an example of my notes how i colour code them later today so you get an idea
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (86)
19.37%
The paper was reasonable (168)
37.84%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
26.8%
It was TERRIBLE (71)
15.99%

Watched Threads