Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of this?

Either option a)
    Paid-for degree at QMUL in Digital and Technology Solutions BSc Hons (basically CS + Business).
    Work Experience as a Technical Analyst for IBM (1yr+)

or option b)
    Straight-up Computer Science at Newcastle University
    Internships/Placements

b would be a lot easier and a lot more expensive than option a, as I wouldn't have to balance out a degree AND work. Option a is also in London so I suppose that has a lot of cost as well, I would probably be lucky to even scrape by on the IBM wage (£15k) but I suppose it's still cheaper than £50k debt at uni.

the ibm degree apprenticeship is not open yet, but might be, soon.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    What do you guys think of this?

Either option a)
    Paid-for degree at QMUL in Digital and Technology Solutions BSc Hons (basically CS + Business).
    Work Experience as a Technical Analyst for IBM (1yr+)

or option b)
    Straight-up Computer Science at Newcastle University
    Internships/Placements

b would be a lot easier and a lot more expensive than option a, as I wouldn't have to balance out a degree AND work. Option a is also in London so I suppose that has a lot of cost as well, I would probably be lucky to even scrape by on the IBM wage (£15k) but I suppose it's still cheaper than £50k debt at uni.

the ibm degree apprenticeship is not open yet, but might be, soon.
    This is like the 80th time you've asked..

(And bro, pls can you tone down the questions in your PM - I can't answer so many in one go)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    This is like the 80th time you've asked..

(And bro, pls can you tone down the questions in your PM - I can't answer so many in one go)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok no probs. Will have shorter qs.

Yeah I know, this time the deal is with IBM so I thought there would be a different opinion.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.