Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rude comments getting me down :( Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a really hard time with a few certain people recently. My problem is that they all believe I am stupid and suddenly its getting to me, the worst thing is that these two are very clever and one is my ex, we've just broken up. They say I'm useless and dumb and I'm not usually very emotional or get affected by things like this but idk this is getting to me. No one backs me up either, I know that I'm not stupid or dumb but a lot of others think i am and apparently "I'm an easy target". I don't know if I'm just being a cry baby about this and should just 'man up' and get over it but its getting me down. Also they're both loved by everyone.p.s ive just gone through the roughest patch of my life so far and im thankfully recovering so my grades arent great at the moment but I should be an A student.Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Stupidity and lower grades aren't the same thing I'm sure you're great and people being mean are the stupid ones!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug:

Don't take any notice.

The fact is that you're awesome just the way you are! :yes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    the more you worry the shorter you'll live. depending on how you look at it, that can be scary and will make you stop concerning yourself over this. anyways one is your ex so that should be an instant turnover, you shouldn't involve them in your life/thoughts if youre both seperated

ReputationRep:
    Opinions ain't facts, let them go

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter what others think. You have your goals and know where you want to be, just focus on yourself and forget about the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    the more you worry the shorter you'll live.
    Oh ****.... I better get my will in order.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    They're commenting on your "intelligence"? If they were as intelligent as they thought they were, they'd know that weak ad hominem attacks are incredibly unintelligent and hold almost no relevance ever. Furthermore, you needn't justify your intelligence! Grades ≠ intelligence, no matter what some people might think. Don't let them get to you. Block them and know that you're the better person. The fact you know that this is wrong proves you to be more compassionate and emotionally capable than they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    They're commenting on your "intelligence"? If they were intelligent as they thought they were, they'd know that weak ad hominem attacks are incredibly unintelligent and hold almost no relevance ever. Furthermore, you needn't justify your intelligence! Grades ≠ intelligence, no matter what some people might think. Don't let them get to you. Block them and know that you're the better person. The fact you know that this is wrong proves you to be more compassionate and emotionally capable than they are.
    Thank you, that helped a lot

ReputationRep:
    You are awesome! Please ignore those idiots, inside they are desperate for attention and are very insecure for picking on you.
    *HUGZ*
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatesauce)
    Thank you, that helped a lot
    Always happy to help, if you ever need anything — feel free to PM me!

ReputationRep:
    Dont let the haterd affect you.
    Infact stop any contact with them.
    (Unless they are family)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for your advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatesauce)
    I'm having a really hard time with a few certain people recently. My problem is that they all believe I am stupid and suddenly its getting to me, the worst thing is that these two are very clever and one is my ex, we've just broken up. They say I'm useless and dumb and I'm not usually very emotional or get affected by things like this but idk this is getting to me. No one backs me up either, I know that I'm not stupid or dumb but a lot of others think i am and apparently "I'm an easy target". I don't know if I'm just being a cry baby about this and should just 'man up' and get over it but its getting me down. Also they're both loved by everyone.p.s ive just gone through the roughest patch of my life so far and im thankfully recovering so my grades arent great at the moment but I should be an A student.Thank you
    know the feeling. keep faith in yourself. and keep focused. chat to new polite people if needs be and get away from those eejits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    know the feeling. keep faith in yourself. and keep focused. chat to new polite people if needs be and get away from those eejits.
    thank youuuu, im not trying to ignore you btw lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.