Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would your reaction be if your daughter or sister was14 dating a 19 year old Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It takes a serious problem in personality for a 19 year old to want to be in a relationship with a child whose just chosen their GCSE options. For a two year or more age gap come back when their education isn't compulsory and spend time with people your own age in the meantime. If you're the eldest of the two, seriously consider why on earth you find underage children more appealing than women??

True

(Original post by Profesh)
    Perhaps this "guy" (to wit, you) should ask himself why he would sincerely entertain romantic notions—however ostensibly well-intentioned—concerning members of the opposite sex who, being on the cusp of puberty and therefore as emotionally unstable and intellectually under-equipped as they will ever be in their entire lives, are essentially children.

Then, perhaps he should use his newfound wisdom to better go about ingratiating himself with any one of the many tens of eligible women from his own peer-group whom he encounters socially on an almost-daily basis.
    I'm 17 and liked a 15 year old and she mugged me off lol, made me look like a right loser.(I'm not op)

ReputationRep:
    Any sexual acts between the two are a criminal offence. Even sexy flirting could be an offence as it could be considered "luring" a minor into sexual actions.

Don't play with this fire.

SS

ReputationRep:
    What if you are the 19 year old?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'll just be friends till she turns 16 at least and I can barely get girls I'm 19 still a virgin I find younger girls easy
    Good decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    Depends if I was bigger than him or not.

If I was, I'd go round to his house and fill him in.

If I wasn't, I'd get a mate to go with me.

SS
    ITT TSR users reveal their latent homosexuality :lol:

What about being friends

15s calm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronda Rousey)
    ITT TSR users reveal their latent homosexuality :lol:
    Hi Ronda.

I have no idea what ITT means either.

Fill him in is used fairly commonly for a 1-sided fight in the army.

Maybe we grew up on different streets.

SS

Yes he is paedophilic and he can chose between a knife to the throat or the balls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    Hi Ronda.

I have no idea what ITT means either.

Fill him in is used fairly commonly for a 1-sided fight in the army.

Maybe we grew up on different streets.

SS
    Well at least I didnt grow up on a street where we made decking a guy sound like bum sex

ReputationRep:
    Well at least I didnt grow up on a street where we made decking a guy sound like bum sex
    I'm having a strange vision of hitting someone and the sound of it being like "bumsex." Help. ^^
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'd get him away from her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xmas lover)
    It seems like a substantial age gap. He is 1.3 times her age, so I'd be a bit concerned tbh. I'm not sure what I'd thunk of him tbh. I'd be worried about his intentions but I'd try to talk to them both and gain their trust so that I could be sure everything were safe. This is just me though. Please don't be offended, I have a maternal streak the size of Africa, so that's just my opinion as I'm overtly protective.
    Not condoning it, but its funny how if the girl was 16, or even 15, people's responses would be quite different, but just 1 year difference makes it disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    Not condoning it, but its funny how if the girl was 16, or even 15, people's responses would be quite different, but just 1 year difference makes it disgusting.
    Well yeh, because 1 year when you're a kid is a lot of time, and they change a lot.
    Mentally, the difference between 14-15-16 year olds is pretty huge. I was so so so much more mature at 16 then i was at 14, most people including myself are still proper kids at 14, but young adults by 16.
    Physically, at 14 you could grow half a foot or go up 2 bra sizes or whatever - that's a huge change! Whereas when you're e.g. 16 you're less likely to change so dramatically, as 14 is still in full swing puperty. Furthermore, a good number of girls won't even have started their period at 14. Think about that.

ReputationRep:
    Would load the shotty

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be friends with her till she's 16 then take it slowwwwww from there

Would u

That's perfectly true

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.