Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you yearn to go back to certain places? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When I reflect on my travels in certain countries however long or small, I yearn to go back and see some places (not that I have travelled much).

I'd have to say despite just a week in the places I fell in love with Barcelona. Something about the place, the air, the heat and the atmosphere. The super cool little roads with so much soul and personality ahhh it just hit me deep. The beach and the water, the women and the happiness of the people there in general. There was an openness about the place that I just yearn to see again so bad.

I found Singapore boring, yet reflecting on it now I also miss it. It's a really really solid place to live.... no worries about crime or litter etc People are orderly and work together. Strong econmy and also kind of cool in that you have the whole place at your fingertips in terms of its size, it's like the London tube network but a little smaller. Nightlife was really cool also and quite cheap. It was a unique place. The only downside is I don't like the food from that part of the world and the heat (sweating) was unbearable after a while.

What are your places that you yearn to see again?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go back to Reykjavik. I loved that city and Iceland overall so much. I loved the quirkiness of the city and the relaxed vibe. Just didn't like how expensive everything was

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by le_darkhorse)
    When I reflect on my travels in certain countries however long or small, I yearn to go back and see some places (not that I have travelled much).

I'd have to say despite just a week in the places I fell in love with Barcelona. Something about the place, the air, the heat and the atmosphere. The super cool little roads with so much soul and personality ahhh it just hit me deep. The beach and the water, the women and the happiness of the people there in general. There was an openness about the place that I just yearn to see again so bad.

I found Singapore boring, yet reflecting on it now I also miss it. It's a really really solid place to live.... no worries about crime or litter etc People are orderly and work together. Strong econmy and also kind of cool in that you have the whole place at your fingertips in terms of its size, it's like the London tube network but a little smaller. Nightlife was really cool also and quite cheap. It was a unique place. The only downside is I don't like the food from that part of the world and the heat (sweating) was unbearable after a while.

What are your places that you yearn to see again?
    I know exactly what you mean man, only went for a week but it's the most free I have ever felt in my life, there's really something spiritual about that place.

ReputationRep:
    I very rarely like to travel back to the same place twice (the world is too big, life is too short) but one place I would unhesitatingly go back to is Iceland. The scenery is stunning and it's only a short flight away. Expensive, but when I went it was about the same as the UK.

I have also returned to a couple of other places; the main one I'd go back to again for a third visit is Georgia (the country, not the US state). It's beautiful, the food is amazing, great wine, lovely people, interesting history, incredible mountains, and still loads of places where there are barely any other tourists and you feel like you are having a real adventure, while knowing that it's actually a very safe country and fairly developed for tourism (but not too much). Now is the time to go before it gets ruined.

There are plenty of other places I'd love to go back to, but in most cases I want to see a bit more of the world before I do.

ReputationRep:
    I lived in Nanjing, China for my year abroad and I miss it so much. All the good food that's cheap as chips, reliable transport to other cities and warm weather in the summer. Really want to go back at some point

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.