Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've not had a boyfriend and i'm 19? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am 19 years old, second year of University and never had a boyfriend.

Although I have spoken to boys in the past, it's never gone as far as them being
    my boyfriend. I've never liked them enough is the most common reason.

Or, i like them and they do not like me. I'm giving up hope, everyone around
    me seems to be settling down and i'm afraid i'll never have a boyfriend.
    I often feel lonely when not with my friends and would love that company
    and not to have to be dependant on my friends for company.

Sometimes however i do like to be alone and just spend time with myself, but
    other times i think how lovely it would be to have someone.

I'd love some advice on this matter, it's really getting me down and i do not
    want it too.

ReputationRep:
    Thought this was a poem at first.

You've already said that you've never had a boyfriend because you never liked anyone enough, so there's your problem.

(Original post by lousmithy)
    I'm giving up hope, everyone around
    me seems to be settling down and i'm afraid i'll never have a boyfriend.
    Bold: These are 19-year-olds? I'd be very surprised if that was true.

You've got plenty of time. Focus on getting a good degree and, if someone that you like comes along, then pursue a relationship. At 19, you're hardly racing against the biological clock.

Sometimes however i do like to be alone and just spend time with myself, but
    other times i think how lovely it would be to have someone.
    My life, in a nutshell. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Try not to worry about it at all! There is someone for everyone and you will meet them, it can just take time. I was 19 when I met my current boyfriend and it felt like I had waited ages and ages, when really 19 is still SO young. Try and use the single time to focus on developing yourself and your own happiness, spending time with friends and doing what ever it is that you enjoy. 😊 x

ReputationRep:
    i am nearly 30 and i single

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.