Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone going to aston university september 2016? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hello I wanted to get some thoughts from students who will be firming Aston. Why did you choose Aston? Specifically students studying biomedical science or any science related degree. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'll be firming Aston because they're the best place who gave me an offer, I actually didn't realise the entry requirements were going to be as high and had I known with my grades I wouldn't have bothered but somehow I got an offer, I read up about it more. Found out about how common placements are, which must be good. I also like how the campus is decently sized for somewhere like Birmingham. I feel there'll be more of a community feel (hopefully?).

My offer is for Biological Sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I'll be firming Aston because they're the best place who gave me an offer, I actually didn't realise the entry requirements were going to be as high and had I known with my grades I wouldn't have bothered but somehow I got an offer, I read up about it more. Found out about how common placements are, which must be good. I also like how the campus is decently sized for somewhere like Birmingham. I feel there'll be more of a community feel (hopefully?).

My offer is for Biological Sciences
    Have you visited the campus? If so what did you think about it? I am going to an applicant day on wednesday and hopefully i will like it but im not sure. And yes their entry requirments are quite high!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lia sam)
    Have you visited the campus? If so what did you think about it? I am going to an applicant day on wednesday and hopefully i will like it but im not sure. And yes their entry requirments are quite high!
    No, I don't have money for the train right now unfortunately, I've seen pictures and it looks decent for what it is.

EDIT: Change of plan, turns out my invite ended up in my spam email section, my applicant day is the 17th

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm applying for biological sciences too and Aston is my first choice. I loved it as soon as I first went there and I've got an applicant day tomorrow to have another look around

ReputationRep:
    As an international student do I have to attend the applicant open day, because i don't have any way of getting there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sookie17)
    As an international student do I have to attend the applicant open day, because i don't have any way of getting there.
    I don't think anyone has to attend it, it's just to come and look around. I think most universities have the international students come a week earlier than the rest to settle in and do some stuff, so there shouldn't be any need to come until then.

ReputationRep:
    I want to firm Aston, but I haven't yet because I don't know what to put as my insurance. Can i change my insurance later if wanted????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EzioAuditore_;[url="tel:62670023")
    62670023[/url]]I want to firm Aston, but I haven't yet because I don't know what to put as my insurance. Can i change my insurance later if wanted????
    No you can't change it. What other universities have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    I will firm Aston to study Pharmacy. Well established department, with a high reputation. I also live in Birmingham, another plus

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably going to firm pharmacy at aston, I'm an international student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EzioAuditore_)
    I want to firm Aston, but I haven't yet because I don't know what to put as my insurance. Can i change my insurance later if wanted????
    Yes you can change, i changed my insurance and firm choice 2 months ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klncjndkbvjnef;[url="tel:62861025")
    62861025[/url]]Yes you can change, i changed my insurance and firm choice 2 months ago
    No once you choose you can't change it

ReputationRep:
    No once you choose you can't change it
    well...I put sheffield as my firm and aston as my insurance, i phoned UCAS, aston, sheffield and oxford brooks and made my changes. now my firm choice is aston and oxford brooks as my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klncjndkbvjnef;[url="tel:62862589")
    62862589[/url]]well...I put sheffield as my firm and aston as my insurance, i phoned UCAS, aston, sheffield and oxford brooks and made my changes. now my firm choice is aston and oxford brooks as my insurance.
    Okay you win!

ReputationRep:
    No you can't change it. What other universities have you applied to?
    Coventry, Wolverhampton, DMU and Staffordshire. I'm stuck between choosing either coventry or wlv. I know Cov is way better than wolverhampton, but idk I didnt really like it at the open day,but i know it's a good uni. soooooo idk. I have a couple months yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EzioAuditore_;[url="tel:62890609")
    62890609[/url]]Coventry, Wolverhampton, DMU and Staffordshire. I'm stuck between choosing either coventry or wlv. I know Cov is way better than wolverhampton, but idk I didnt really like it at the open day,but i know it's a good uni. soooooo idk. I have a couple months yet.
    In my opinion university is what you make of it and if you're gonna be at a place for 3/4 years and be miserable then there's no point really. At the end of the day you will come out with the same degree. Choose a place that you're more likely to be happy in!
    Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion university is what you make of it and if you're gonna be at a place for 3/4 years and be miserable then there's no point really. At the end of the day you will come out with the same degree. Choose a place that you're more likely to be happy in!
    Best of luck
    Thank you😊

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the applicant day is for biomedical science at aston?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to aston as my firm choice to do biological science, literally loved the feel of the campus so much and had a really close and community like feel to it. Working really hard to achieve the entry requirements though as im predicted BBC yet they offered at ABB... Went to a couple of applicant days and the admissions tutor had said that they would accept considerably lower grades if aston was firm choice.. fingers crossed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.