Want more information about this university?

Anyone going to aston university september 2016?

Watch
Lia sam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello I wanted to get some thoughts from students who will be firming Aston. Why did you choose Aston? Specifically students studying biomedical science or any science related degree. Thank you
Dinasaurus
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'll be firming Aston because they're the best place who gave me an offer, I actually didn't realise the entry requirements were going to be as high and had I known with my grades I wouldn't have bothered but somehow I got an offer, I read up about it more. Found out about how common placements are, which must be good. I also like how the campus is decently sized for somewhere like Birmingham. I feel there'll be more of a community feel (hopefully?).

My offer is for Biological Sciences
Lia sam
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dinasaurus)
I'll be firming Aston because they're the best place who gave me an offer, I actually didn't realise the entry requirements were going to be as high and had I known with my grades I wouldn't have bothered but somehow I got an offer, I read up about it more. Found out about how common placements are, which must be good. I also like how the campus is decently sized for somewhere like Birmingham. I feel there'll be more of a community feel (hopefully?).

My offer is for Biological Sciences
Have you visited the campus? If so what did you think about it? I am going to an applicant day on wednesday and hopefully i will like it but im not sure. And yes their entry requirments are quite high!
Dinasaurus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lia sam)
Have you visited the campus? If so what did you think about it? I am going to an applicant day on wednesday and hopefully i will like it but im not sure. And yes their entry requirments are quite high!
No, I don't have money for the train right now unfortunately, I've seen pictures and it looks decent for what it is.

EDIT: Change of plan, turns out my invite ended up in my spam email section, my applicant day is the 17th
Zombiecupcake
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I'm applying for biological sciences too and Aston is my first choice. I loved it as soon as I first went there and I've got an applicant day tomorrow to have another look around
sookie17
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As an international student do I have to attend the applicant open day, because i don't have any way of getting there.
Dinasaurus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sookie17)
As an international student do I have to attend the applicant open day, because i don't have any way of getting there.
I don't think anyone has to attend it, it's just to come and look around. I think most universities have the international students come a week earlier than the rest to settle in and do some stuff, so there shouldn't be any need to come until then.
EzioAuditore_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I want to firm Aston, but I haven't yet because I don't know what to put as my insurance. Can i change my insurance later if wanted????
Lia sam
Rep:
?
(Original post by EzioAuditore_;[url="tel:62670023")
62670023[/url]]I want to firm Aston, but I haven't yet because I don't know what to put as my insurance. Can i change my insurance later if wanted????
No you can't change it. What other universities have you applied to?
hugo13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I will firm Aston to study Pharmacy. Well established department, with a high reputation. I also live in Birmingham, another plus
sookie17
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm probably going to firm pharmacy at aston, I'm an international student.
klncjndkbvjnef
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EzioAuditore_)
I want to firm Aston, but I haven't yet because I don't know what to put as my insurance. Can i change my insurance later if wanted????
Yes you can change, i changed my insurance and firm choice 2 months ago
Lia sam
Rep:
?
(Original post by klncjndkbvjnef;[url="tel:62861025")
62861025[/url]]Yes you can change, i changed my insurance and firm choice 2 months ago
No once you choose you can't change it
klncjndkbvjnef
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No once you choose you can't change it
well...I put sheffield as my firm and aston as my insurance, i phoned UCAS, aston, sheffield and oxford brooks and made my changes. now my firm choice is aston and oxford brooks as my insurance.
Lia sam
Rep:
?
(Original post by klncjndkbvjnef;[url="tel:62862589")
62862589[/url]]well...I put sheffield as my firm and aston as my insurance, i phoned UCAS, aston, sheffield and oxford brooks and made my changes. now my firm choice is aston and oxford brooks as my insurance.
Okay you win!
EzioAuditore_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No you can't change it. What other universities have you applied to?
Coventry, Wolverhampton, DMU and Staffordshire. I'm stuck between choosing either coventry or wlv. I know Cov is way better than wolverhampton, but idk I didnt really like it at the open day,but i know it's a good uni. soooooo idk. I have a couple months yet.
Lia sam
Rep:
?
(Original post by EzioAuditore_;[url="tel:62890609")
62890609[/url]]Coventry, Wolverhampton, DMU and Staffordshire. I'm stuck between choosing either coventry or wlv. I know Cov is way better than wolverhampton, but idk I didnt really like it at the open day,but i know it's a good uni. soooooo idk. I have a couple months yet.
In my opinion university is what you make of it and if you're gonna be at a place for 3/4 years and be miserable then there's no point really. At the end of the day you will come out with the same degree. Choose a place that you're more likely to be happy in!
Best of luck
EzioAuditore_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In my opinion university is what you make of it and if you're gonna be at a place for 3/4 years and be miserable then there's no point really. At the end of the day you will come out with the same degree. Choose a place that you're more likely to be happy in!
Best of luck
Thank you😊
97chloe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know when the applicant day is for biomedical science at aston?
bethany98hi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've applied to aston as my firm choice to do biological science, literally loved the feel of the campus so much and had a really close and community like feel to it. Working really hard to achieve the entry requirements though as im predicted BBC yet they offered at ABB... Went to a couple of applicant days and the admissions tutor had said that they would accept considerably lower grades if aston was firm choice.. fingers crossed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (293)
55.7%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.3%

Watched Threads