The Student Room Group

Online Dating

Hi all,

I have been on an off dating websites now for the past couple of years, with little success. The main ones I've been using have been Plenty of Fish (POF) and Tinder, although I realise that the latter is not so much of a dating site and more used as a casual get together app.

I would be interested to know if there are any other sites that I could use, as I am unhappy with the lack of results I have achieved so far. I will add that I am 22-years-old, and have never been in a serious relationship. I'm not particularly unattractive, although admittedly I do suffer from social anxiety, which has limited my interaction with others somewhat. Similarly, I am dissatisfied with the poor design and usability of POF, often finding it difficult and clunky to use. As such, I would like something a bit more up to date. I will add that I live in a small village and this can often make finding people difficult.

I've seen OKCupid being banded around, and I would be interested to know what others think of it. Is it any good? What other sites are there out there that I can use?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
OKCupid, eHarmony, Match, etc. There is one specifically for people with mental health issues also, I think it's called No Longer Lonely. Just do a Google search for dating websites. Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Katarvi
OKCupid, eHarmony, Match, etc. There is one specifically for people with mental health issues also, I think it's called No Longer Lonely. Just do a Google search for dating websites. Good luck.

Thank you! Do you have any experience of these? Which ones would you recommend? Are they free or are some fee paying?
Reply 3
Original post by Bocicowo
Thank you! Do you have any experience of these? Which ones would you recommend? Are they free or are some fee paying?

I've used a few before but never seriously. It hasn't felt like the right environment to meet someone long-term and I certainly wouldn't meet anyone for anything short-term, but that's just me personally.

OKCupid is free and Match and eHarmony I believe have certain features that are free but you need to pay if you really want to use the service. This can be a good thing though because it means mostly only people seriously looking for a relationship will actually pay money for it, most that aren't will just use POF or OKCupid. The mental health one is free also.

I know people who have met people on eHarmony and ended up marrying them. They have quite an extensive personality test thing you fill out when you sign up if I remember correctly so if you're dead serious I'd suggest that one. You can try out the free features and pay for it if you like it.
Reply 4
Hi all,

I have been on an off dating websites now for the past couple of years, with little success. The main ones I've been using have been Plenty of Fish (POF) and Tinder, although I realise that the latter is not so much of a dating site and more used as a casual get together app.

I would be interested to know if there are any other sites that I could use, as I am unhappy with the lack of results I have achieved so far. I will add that I am 22-years-old, and have never been in a serious relationship. I'm not particularly unattractive, although admittedly I do suffer from social anxiety, which has limited my interaction with others somewhat. Similarly, I am dissatisfied with the poor design and usability of POF, often finding it difficult and clunky to use. As such, I would like something a bit more up to date. I will add that I live in a small village and this can often make finding people difficult.

I've seen OKCupid being banded around, and I would be interested to know what others think of it. Is it any good? What other sites are there out there that I can use?

i used pof and found my bf when he was on exercise in the falklands (his military) and we have a baby together and a great relationsheep
Reply 5
Hi all,

I think okc is the best dating site, you get a match percentage if you answer the questions. There's a fairly new dating app called once which is quite good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending