Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favorite Twitch Streamers? Watch

Announcements
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    Who are your guys/girls favorite twitch streamers?
    Nowadays I spend more time watching twitch streams than I do playing games, putting my gaming PC to good use >

    Mine are Summit1G, Lirik and timthetatman. Subbed to all of them ^_^
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    I never understood this concept. Why watch someone else play a game when you can play it yourself?
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Whenever I have the time I tend to watch Gross Gore or Riot games for some LCS games. I don't really watch many others tbh
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    Yeah nowadays I only watch Riot Games or Riot Games2, I used to watch Trick2g and Imaqtpie.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigggered)
    I never understood this concept. Why watch someone else play a game when you can play it yourself?
    You can say the same for football/soccer, why watch people play it when you can go do it yourself right?

    They are entertainers I guess, 40% of me watches streamers because of the games they play, perhaps because I dont own the game or not able to play the game. But the other 60% of me likes to watch them play because they are funny to watch, watching someone else's experience can be pretty entertaining!
    If you havent tried it, you should. You never know until you try.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CptConnor)
    You can say the same for football/soccer, why watch people play it when you can go do it yourself right?

    They are entertainers I guess, 40% of me watches streamers because of the games they play, perhaps because I dont own the game or not able to play the game. But the other 60% of me likes to watch them play because they are funny to watch, watching someone else's experience can be pretty entertaining!
    If you havent tried it, you should. You never know until you try.
    because im not a professional footballer. most of the lets players are average gamers and i can play better than them.
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    Nukemdukem
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigggered)
    because im not a professional footballer. most of the lets players are average gamers and i can play better than them.
    If you are talking in terms of skill then sure its acceptable to watch football/soccer, the same is said for watching professional gamers. Plenty of pro gamers stream because they are good at the game, e.g. CS:GO players like shroud, olofmeister, get_right e.c.t And lots of people watch them because they are good at what they do and better than they are. But in terms of entertainment, I dont see why its not understandable to watch people because they are entertaining to watch.
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    b0 eh SMOrc

    XxKingSniprxX
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CptConnor)
    If you are talking in terms of skill then sure its acceptable to watch football/soccer, the same is said for watching professional gamers. Plenty of pro gamers stream because they are good at the game, e.g. CS:GO players like shroud, olofmeister, get_right e.c.t And lots of people watch them because they are good at what they do and better than they are. But in terms of entertainment, I dont see why its not understandable to watch people because they are entertaining to watch.
    I can understand watching pro gamers. I'm talking like pewdipie (dont know any else). all he does is shout :lol: but he is more focused towards kids i guess
    Offline

    18
    ReputationRep:
    I'd probably go for Adam_AK and/or MrHappy1227 for me.
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigggered)
    I never understood this concept. Why watch someone else play a game when you can play it yourself?
    I found gaming was a time-sink that I was spending too much time on, so I uninstalled so I can focus on other stuff. However I am still a huge follower of the 'eSports' side of things so I still watch that, I've even been to watch it live twice.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigggered)
    I can understand watching pro gamers. I'm talking like pewdipie (dont know any else). all he does is shout :lol: but he is more focused towards kids i guess
    Oh in terms of the youtubers such as pewdiepie who's target audience are 13yr olds and younger, that **** is completely stupid :lol:

    Twitch and youtube are two completely different things, people on twitch are actually entertaining compared to the guys on youtube. So I completely agree with you with the whole pewdiepie thing ;D
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    b0 eh SMOrc XxKingSniprxX
    Hahaha .... :rofl3:
    Attached Images
     
 
 
 
Reply
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

    Quick link:

    Unanswered gaming threads

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.