Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend can't get an erection. Watch

Announcements

I've been seeing a guy for nearly 3 months now and I really like him. The only issue is that he is a virgin and I think he's quite nervous about sex, we have tried on numerous occasions but he can't get hard. Recently, he seems to have given up trying. It's a bit difficult for me because I really enjoy sex and I find him really attractive, but I'm more worried that he get bored and not want to be with me. He gets quite upset about it as well and I try to tell him not to worry but I think the more times it doesn't happen, the more it bothers him. I don't really know what to do as I'm crazy about him and I know I want to be with him but I think this is going to become a problem in our relationship if it continues. If anyone has been in the same situation or could offer some advice I'd really appreciate your input.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The stress of not being able to do it may well be hugely contributing to not being able to. Take it slow. Take all the pressure off. Maybe focus on him for a bit before trying to have sex. I am sure he is not bored of you and once he is comfortable it may not be a problem.

If he is new at sex I would bet it is nerves. If he has never managed to get one, even *ahem* alone, it may be worth a check up with a gp.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree with above comments.
    Is your boyfriend able to get an erection when alone/does he masturbate?

(Original post by Neostigmine)
    The stress of not being able to do it may well be hugely contributing to not being able to. Take it slow. Take all the pressure off. Maybe focus on him for a bit before trying to have sex. I am sure he is not bored of you and once he is comfortable it may not be a problem.

If he is new at sex I would bet it is nerves. If he has never managed to get one, even *ahem* alone, it may be worth a check up with a gp.
    (Original post by Drez999)
    Totally agree with above comments.
    Is your boyfriend able to get an erection when alone/does he masturbate?
    Thanks for the advice. We have been taking things slow and are very open about it which I think is helping, I think it may just take some time. He is able to get an erection alone, yes.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as they've said, this is his nervousness and the cure is patience and practice, with the minimum of pressure.

Does he know that he can give you pleasure and do nice things without having an erection?

Are you using a form of contraception that means you don't have any need for a condom to be put on?

If you are able to sleep together, he may well wake up with an erection...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for the advice. We have been taking things slow and are very open about it which I think is helping, I think it may just take some time. He is able to get an erection alone, yes.
    Probably 99.999% sure that he's just anxious. Which in itself is actually I think quite nice as it indicates he's sensitive and a decent guy rather than man thug! Lol Seriously though, it's good that you can openly talk about it and I'm sure given time all will be good. Some things are worth waiting for! Take care 😎

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been seeing a guy for nearly 3 months now and I really like him. The only issue is that he is a virgin and I think he's quite nervous about sex, we have tried on numerous occasions but he can't get hard. Recently, he seems to have given up trying. It's a bit difficult for me because I really enjoy sex and I find him really attractive, but I'm more worried that he get bored and not want to be with me. He gets quite upset about it as well and I try to tell him not to worry but I think the more times it doesn't happen, the more it bothers him. I don't really know what to do as I'm crazy about him and I know I want to be with him but I think this is going to become a problem in our relationship if it continues. If anyone has been in the same situation or could offer some advice I'd really appreciate your input.
    Well, talk to him. He's your boyfriend which means he's probably one of the closest people to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.