The Student Room Group

Full entitlement, or only part?

Hi guys,

no-one has as yet been able to concretely answer this, even on the phone, so I want to pose it to you here.

I've had 2 previous false starts at full-time uni, and both times I had to leave because I was sick and couldn't get my work done. Do I lose the WHOLE years of funding? Or only the first term of each, which is how long I was at each for? If I only used one term of funding, would I then only lose one term at my next application for full-time funding?

I am applying for CPR but unsure if I'll get it or not as I've been unable to obtain much information as the doctors I saw have long moved on and one of my former institutions has re-branded and seems to lack any record of me. I've included as much as I can but I won't know until after I apply if it will be accepted.

It's been 8 years since my last full-time application so things have changed a bit, and I want to know what my funding is going to be when I decide on which offer to firm now I am finally in a stable enough position to study. I'd really just like to know if having only attended 2 terms of university, one term each at 2 different places, I will lose 2 whole years of funding?

Thanks!
x
Hi Ivoryfall

If you have started a course, this uses 1 full year of entitlement up.

If you think you can apply for CPR, please do so once you have submitted your new application. Please include a cover letter explaining your circumstances and why you couldn't complete the year and also as much evidence as possible to back this up.

You will get full funding for year 2 onwards. In year 1 it would only be a maintenance loan only. If the CPR is awarded you will get full funding for the whole course.

Thanks
Reply 2
Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending