Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When should my breasts stop growing? Watch

Announcements

I'm 18 and I know the usual port of call is that breasts stop growing around 17 and 18.
    When I was 9 I got my first bra (28AA) which was quite embarrassing because puberty seemed to start quite early for me. Anyway they have been growing since then (duh) and they are now 36G, as measured by a Marks and Spencers bra fitting.

I have put on a little bit of weight but no more than 2lbs, and about 4 months ago my breasts were about 36E-F. I'm at the end of my contraceptive injection and I have taken a pregnancy test due to concerns and I'm definitely not pregnant. There was no noticeable size increase around the start of my injection and since they last 3 months I don't think that could be it.

All I know is that I'm struggling to find nice, decently priced bras in high street shops due to my cup size being larger than an F. Does anyone else have similar experience or insight into whether I should expect more change, or have they most likely peaked now?

I feel for you.

ReputationRep:
    Mine have genuinely never stopped growing and I'm 25 now. I believe it depends on how your body distributes fat. I was a 30G at age 18 and now I'm 25 I'm a 30JJ and counting. Losing weight/toning up can reduce the size if you're that worried about it

Btw, brastop.com is great for bras for busty girls!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.