Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Fake Tan watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recomend a good one that doesnt streak too much?

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh. I hate fake tan. I think its evil.

ReputationRep:
    St Tropez! I can't live without it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    St Tropez! I can't live without it...
    Well then for those of us whos financial resources dont quite stretch to st. tropez?

ReputationRep:
    i use the boots soltan mousse and i think it's quite good (i use it in light). just make sure you wash your hands and inside of your wrists afterwards so you don't get it there (nothign more subtle than orange hands...) and if you do it in a circular motion you don't gets streaks.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    if its a one off for a spevial occasion u want a tan then go to a salon place that has the spray booths.....i go to one called mystic tan and its £10 mis week but can cost £20..

or if u want one u can keep topping up youself definately go for L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Spray, u spary it on and just rub it in and it doesnt steak. then u can decide how often to top it up price is around £10/11 .....but highly reccommend it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxy potter)
    Well then for those of us whos financial resources dont quite stretch to st. tropez?
    Mud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i use the boots soltan mousse and i think it's quite good (i use it in light). just make sure you wash your hands and inside of your wrists afterwards so you don't get it there (nothign more subtle than orange hands...) and if you do it in a circular motion you don't gets streaks.

lou xxx
    Yeah, I've used this too, and it was pretty good. Also, get a wet-wipe or something and rinse it out, then let it dry. The put the mousse onto that to apply, and it will be less streaky. Mind you, I've only tried this once before, but it seemed to work pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean4ian)
    if its a one off for a spevial occasion u want a tan then go to a salon place that has the spray booths.....i go to one called mystic tan and its £10 mis week but can cost £20..

or if u want one u can keep topping up youself definately go for L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Spray, u spary it on and just rub it in and it doesnt steak. then u can decide how often to top it up price is around £10/11 .....but highly reccommend it!
    i was going to buy that one today but bought the piz buin one instead. big mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxy potter)
    Can anyone recomend a good one that doesnt streak too much?
    L'orielle (sp?) sublime bronze....I was dead scared but came out all beautifully bronzed...many people commented on how brown I looked and couldn't believe it when I told them it was fake. cheap too! (about a tenner)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hohum)
    L'orielle (sp?) sublime bronze....I was dead scared but came out all beautifully bronzed...many people commented on how brown I looked and couldn't believe it when I told them it was fake. cheap too! (about a tenner)
    hehe, i did that before my mum came back from holiday and then i went on about how sunny it had been here...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    hehe, i did that before my mum came back from holiday and then i went on about how sunny it had been here...

lou xxx
    I don't think much of excessive tans.
    And I totally disagree with a lot of the media trying to convince people tanned people look more attractive than paler ones. I have to admit that if you look so pale that you look ill, that's not attractive one bit. But usually just a mild tan is good enough.
    Úsually if a girl needs a tan to look good, it's because she has a lot of skin imperfections. It's a bit of a cover-up really.
    When I see 30 year old girls at summer resorts near my place and who are already wrinkled I don't quite get the obsession.
    A bit of sun is good anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    Simple fake tan is great if you have really pale skin like me but dont want to look orange. Every other fake tan turns me orange.
    Its really subtle though and you have to build it up the first time you apply it it doesnt look much different you have to build it up over a week or so and then it looks great.

Go out in the sun and stop being so anti-social. Or use whatever Jason uses, he probably knows his stuff.

ReputationRep:
    The biggest mistake is too much tan it looks much worse than pale skin. Having said that I always like to see a moderate tan on girls...

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda lucky I guess, I just have a natural tan so I don't really nead fake tan stuff. Anyway even if i did need it I would be too scared of ending up orange!

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a really fine line - I feel so much better with a moderate tan, seeing as I'm naturally fairly pale, and an advantage of fake tan is you can top it up whenever you want and it doesn't age your skin But I'd rather be pale than look like I've been tangoed - some people do seem to go way over the top and they're practically glow in the dark. I've tried a few but St Tropez works so well with my skin and never looks orangey. A tan just makes me feel a million times better, especially for a party/special occasion/skimpy outfit

ReputationRep:
    that cr*p stinks like peanut butter and stale chocolate mixed with the odour of rotting wood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    that cr*p stinks like peanut butter and stale chocolate mixed with the odour of rotting wood
    lol!

we all seem to agree that you have to make sure your tan isn't too dark. i guess you have to find the one that suits your skin tone, i'm fairly pale but because i'm dark featured it only takes a little bit of colour to make me look quite summery (i'm not a fan of winter tans) and i only use fake if i'm in a pampering mood or have a big night out (whch i haven't had for ages)... oh and when it was sunny but i managed to work every sunny day so felt really pale cos of lackof sunbathing. ah well, i'll get a proper tan soon

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    JUst make sure that when you have a fake tan that you dont go anywhere where there are thousands of sun tanned people around, then your tan is really obvious.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.